Friday, December 2, 2011

Just Had to Share

I don't know if anyone out there in blogland currently live in or has lived in Colorado.  I have and just had to share because it had me in stitches. These are so very true.. 

YOU’RE FROM COLORADO IF:

 You eat ice cream in the winter

It snows 5 inches and you don’t expect school to be cancelled.

You live about 10,000 feet, sometime Summer comes on Sunday and you can go fishing

You’ll wear flip flops every day of the year regardless of the temperature

You have not accent at all, but can hear other people’s.

Humid is over 25%

Your sense of direction is:  Toward the mountains and Away from the mountains

You say “the valley highway” and everybody knows which interstate you’re talking about

You think that May is a totally normal month for a blizzard

You buy your flowers to set out on Mother’s Day but try and not plant them until after Father’s Day

You grew up planning your Halloween costume around your coat.

You really don’t expect to have a White Christmas but do expect a White Easter

You smell the stockyards and you can expect significant snow

Every movie theater has military and student discounts.

You know what a “trust fund hippy” is and that its natural habitat is Boulder

You don’t care that some company renamed it, the Broncos still play at MILE HIGE STADIUM

You actually know that “South Park” is a real place NOT just a dumb show on TV

A bear on your front porch doesn’t bother you

People stop traffic to allow the elk to cross the road

You’re talking to a fellow Coloradoan when they call it Elitch’s and not Six Flags

Your two favorite teams are the Broncos and whoever is beating the crap out of the Raiders

When people back east tell you they have mountains in their state, you just laugh at them

You go anywhere else on the planet and the air feels “sticky” & you notice the sky is no longer blue.

You always know the elevation of where you are

You wake up to a beautfil 80 degree day and wonder if it is going to snow later.

You know what the Continental Divide is

You don't think Coors beer is such a big deal

You've gone off roading in a vehicle never inended for that purpose

You went to the Casa Bonita as a kid AND as an adult

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...I've been to Colorado, but don't live there.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty

    Me either anymore. But I did and so many of those things just made me remember, especially the first time I looked out my living room window and the bear was looking back at me.
    How is your leg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for asking...I was able to unwrap the 3 layers and take a lukewarm shower. It actually feels pretty good. I have a bunch of butterfly bandages all up and down my leg where he removed the vein. My leg is all purple and bruised, but the Dr. said to expect that and in a few days it will look much better. I have to wear a support stocking, too...just on that one leg. It's a thigh high one. I have much more mobility now than I did. So, after writing a book, lol, my leg is doing great:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SunnyGirl,

    Most of the ones that refer to cold weather would apply to living in Canada too. Is Coors beer made in Colorado? We have it here so I didn't understand that one.
    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmao. I feel like you reached into my head and started digging around.
    This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Colorado and I love it a lot. This is really funny, and so true! Aside from the 5 inches of snow and school not being cancelled bit. My husband gets snow days with 2 inches of snow! Thanks for sharing!
    I think I'll have to steal it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day