Tuesday, December 13, 2011

BITCHINESS IS ME


We are in the process of moving.  The actual event is not until the beginning of February but until then there are a million things to do.   We’re not taking anything but personal items, but it’s a lot to sort through.  Then it’s a matter of what you can’t pack until the last. 

Last week we decided that perhaps the smartest thing to do would be to purchase a motor home.  It will make life easier in that we have loving pets and it will be easier on all of us.  If we do buy the motor home, some of the things I planned on packing will be needed in the motor home so packing is basically at a stand still. I think I’m beginning to feel the crunch because we have to book the movers during the first week of January.  What seemed like a long time away is, in reality, three weeks away and Christmas and New Years are thrown in between.  Not real good planning on our part.

Anyway what this is leading to is that I’ve been a little testy lately and hubbie has been bearing the brunt of it. While I tend to lash out and then let it go (most of the times) he holds it in and just stews and then and then and then.  My husband has a loud voice and is very much an alpha male- and while he doesn’t yell his voice can quickly escalate to that authoritarian tone.  I don’t react to that very well and usually we are off to the races.  We had a a little altercation last nite just before he retired.  That tone was there so naturally I reacted and said “FINE – WHATEVER” and went back to my computer.  I was a little miffed but no big deal.  A few minutes went by and the bedroom door opened and he came out and apologized.  He explained why he had reacted the way he had and that we would have to come to a decision that we could both live with.  As is so often the case, he was the grownup. 

We had a similar incident a few days earlier.  I was bitchy and I could see that I had gotten to him, but he just walked away.  I told him a day or so later that he should have just taken me over his knee.  He has never done that except in playtime but I wanted to let him know the option was there. He told me he had given it great consideration but what he really wanted to do was strangle me so he thought it best to leave well enough alone.  We resolved that issue in the bedroom.

Today I was reading Rogue’s blog about trusting and letting go.  I haven’t been doing that lately and I need to get back on track.  He is such a good man and loves me even when I am unlovable and I have to trust him to make the right decisions (with my input of course). See what I mean I am my own worst enemy. 

5 comments:

  1. Sunnygirl,
    You and Rogue have both given me a lot to think about. I would love to let go - of what, I can't exactly say, but I have a feeling you probably understand. I've never cried during a spanking. I doubt now I ever will. I still day dream about what might happen if Nick actually disciplined me for something real. Don't think it's going to happen. See I'm never bitchy to him, when I get mad I turn it inward and NO one knows. At least no one that matters to me. Sigh... sometimes it's so complicated.

    But you have mentioned it - sometime during this move he might just take you up on the chance to take you over his knee! Good luck.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. "what he really wanted to do was strangle me so he thought it best to leave well enough alone"

    I love it! That sounds so much like Daddy and I sometimes. Good luck!!!

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move, I believe I have said the same thing to my husband for when I get bitchy(too often lately), but like PK I internalize so he has a hard time figuring out when it is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the good luck.
    PK. I cry at tv commercials but never from a spanking. Can't imagine I ever would.
    Faerie & PK: I used to hold it all in too and then came menopause. Boy did things change. I'm sure hubbie wishes it hadn't.
    Kitty: Glad I gave you a chuckle. I've gotten many from your posts. Glad to reciprocate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ve just read a couple of posts of yours here (from the most recent backwards) and I really need to tell you I find them very refreshing. "A couple of old farts" had me giggling, never heard that idiomatic expression before, very expressive. I wondered how old you are but then they say this is a question one should never ask. Still I'd love to know. Happy Holidays to you and your man

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day