Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cookie Exchange

These have always been my favorite cookie.  They melt in your mouth.  I have been making these cookies for almost 50 years and they are always the first ones to disappear.

Russian Tea Cakes
1 cup butter softened
½ cup powdered sugar
2 - 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
¾ finely chopped nuts
¼ tsp salt
Powdered sugar
Heat oven to 400.   Mix butter,  ½  cup sugar, vanilla together.    Sift in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.  Shape dough in balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 10-12 minutes until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool slightly on wire rack.  Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar.  Cool on wire rack.  Roll cookies in powdered sugar again. 











4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...I love Russian Tea Cakes!

    Love,
    Kitty

    P.S. I'm also participating, but I'm not on the official list. The recipe I'm sharing is Lemony Raisin Bars...it's on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had Russian Tea Cakes, they sound delicious. Thanks.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Russian Tea Cakes! My dad does too, so every year I make him his own batch to have at his house, all to himself. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sound delicious...love to bake (visiting from PK's site...and always like to start from the beginning) Best wishes, Terps :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day