Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Countdown Begins

Four days until Christmas.  The weather has been really warm, nearly 80 today so it doesn’t much feel like Christmas. We didn’t decorate this year because with packing for the move unpacking the Christmas stuff seemed ridiculous.  We will be spending our last Christmas in Florida with some friends that live at the beach.  A fitting farewell I think.

We did it - we bought a motor home.  Moving just got a lot easier and harder too.  For the past couple of days hubbie and I have been sorting and moving things into the motor home.  It’s exciting – we haven’t done anything like this in thirty years.  Our last experience was with a truck and cabover camper hauling a dune buggy into the California desert.  Two adults, one child and two huge German Shepards in a cabover camper.  Tight quarters but oh so much fun.  Now there are two of us and two kitties in a 32 ft motor home.  For those of you old enough to remember there’s a song by Steppenwolf that keeps running through my head.

Get your motor running, head out on the highway, looking for adventure and whatever comes our way……………….Like true nature’s child we were born, born to be wild, We can climb so high, I never want to die.

This post really is aimless ramblings.  Today was an afternoon delight.  We’ve both been running around the last couple of days so it was needed and welcomed.  I told hubbie I wanted a hard spanking. He asked what implement I wanted and I told him to choose.  He chose the soft leather belt.  I so love the feel of that – never would have thunk it.  I definitely prefer leather to wood.  It hurts so good.  Afterward we danced our dance and then sat out on the lanai and watched the sun slip away on another day and one day closer to Christmas.  A couple of old farts just enjoying life and looking for adventure.


8 comments:

  1. I love this post. Your move sounds like a wonderful adventure - I remember that song well. I know they talk about young love all the time, write song and stories about it, young love is fine I guess but it's NOTHING compared to mature love. Now that's magic!

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. What a wonderful adventure you will have,

    Love and best wishes.

    Merry Christmas.
    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunnygirl, I love that song, and your adventure sounds like tons of fun.

    I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing well, Musicman is home and doing well also. We will be starting our own adventure now, though your's definitely sounds like a lot more fun, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that song, and it's so suitable. Yes, leather really does hurt so good!

    It's warm here too. Not 80 or anywhere near it, but too warm for snow.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  5. PK - I agree it is magic.

    Ronnie - thanks for dropping by.

    Faerie - glad Musicman is doing well-hope you're sleeping better. E's stitches are out today. She is a happier girl.

    Hermione- I don't miss the snow but I would like it a little cooler this time of year.
    I'm not conplaining tho. ha ha ha

    Make it a Great Day,

    Sunny Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leather to wood...if I got to choose I guess I'd agree. Please don't tell the ogre..shhhh.

    Sounds like an adventure awaits you! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. I have posted a comment somewhere below, and I mentioned your funny closing sentence made me wonder what your age could be. If it isn't an unpolite question to you.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day