Friday, May 19, 2017

Bathing Suit Saga

Bathing Suits - they are the bane of the female set, aren't they?  Finding one you like, and one that fits, and one that makes you look good are all stressful exercises.  Not nearly as stressful as trying to get the darn thing on though, I don't even like Ray to be around when I'm trying to squeeze into one.

Obviously, I'm into one piece suits.  I gave up the two piecers some time back and I'm not fond of the tankini's so I wrestle myself into the garment. Doing water aerobics every morning means I do this every single day and I've grown fond of some of my old standby's - they're stretched out - much easier to get into and wear.  However, some of them are getting quite threadbare and if I didn't want my ass sticking out one day, it meant replacement.

One of my favorites is a black number, looks good on me if I say so myself, and if you stand back far enough I might even be mistaken for someone much younger. I noticed the tag was still in the seam - not the size mind you, because I always remove those.  Anyway, this suit has to be at least seven years old because I bought it when we still lived in Florida.  I looked up the brand online and lo and behold there was the suit.   I could even buy it through Amazon.  Thus began the saga.  I ordered in what I thought would be the right size and it was delivered two days later.  TOO BIG. Now that doesn't happen too often so although disappointed it was a good reason, so back it went.  I reordered and waited another two days - there it was in my mail box.  Excited, I ripped open the envelope and it was the wrong color - MY MISTAKE.  I already had a black one.  Back it went again (thank heavens Amazon pays shipping and returns).  Reordered and yesterday I finally received the right size and right color suit.  

Chlorine Resistant Maxine of Hollywood Black Shirred Girl Leg Spa One Piece Swimsuit
I'm squeezing into it in an hour or so for this morning's water aerobics class. Don't I look good?  I wish.  Seriously, this is the suit but it's Hawaii Blue, one of my very favorite colors.  Who knows, maybe I'll even exercise better.  lol

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

16 comments:

  1. I am sure you will be the bathing beauty of your water aerobics class, Sunny. Had to smile. I love cutting the size tags out of clothes.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you, but it fills my mind with dread as summer rapidly approaches. I need to find a good nude beach. My body is not what it once was, or what I'd like - but at least I wouldn't have to struggle with the darn suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a beach on the French side of St. Martin I can recommend.

      No one at our level of maturity have the bodies of our youth. Embrace yourself, Nick does.

      Delete
  3. Nice suit! And I'm sure it will suit you too! ;) I hate swimsuit shopping. Thankfully I don't think I need a new one this year. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a distressing time and I don't think there is a woman alive who likes shopping for a swimsuit.

      Delete
  4. Very nice Sunny, I hate swimsuit shopping and can't even remember the last time I went looking for a new suit. It might encourage you to do more classes :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a similar experience trying to find a swimsuit for an upcoming holiday. The first was a good fit but a real struggle to get on. The next size up seemed no bigger - because it was incorrectly packaged and was the same size as the first one. Another order, another delivery and two returns later, I have a new swimsuit.

    Kudos to you for doing the aqua aerobics, I can't remember the last time I went in a swimming pool, I'm not a water baby.

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunny,
    Without the thought of suits, there would be no beach gathering. Although PK might have the right idea regarding suits. You will look great in your suit.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and when you're chest deep in the water, who cares.
      Hope you're having a wonderful time.

      Delete
  7. Love the look of your swimsuit and the colour sounds lovely. You will look great. Impressed you do aqua aerobics.

    I bought a swimsuit last year, used it but not happy with it. I tried to find one for recent break but had to use same one so I'm in the market for a new one which I'm not looking forward to.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bummer but I did luck out this year. In addition to the one I showed, I was able to find two others in a local store.
      Are you back from you sunny climes?

      Delete
  8. Hi SG, Lucky finding another two. Yes back, lovely time and super weather. Thanks.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new suit is lovely and I'll bet you look wonderful in it. I haven't been in a suit for several years and dread the idea of getting into one. Might see if I can find one of the old time swim dresses if I decide to get near any body of water. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day