Sunday, June 1, 2014

DILEMMA and JUNE One'st

I have a dilemma.  About two months ago, I posted that all of a sudden one of my post started getting tremendous play.  Didn't understand at first the spam comments.  It's like it was hijacked.  I deleted that post and now I notice it is happening again to another post. The one hijacked this time is The Look of Love, a continuing story.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?



TODAY IS JUNE 1ST.  DON"T FORGET THE A to Z BLOGGER CHALLENGE.  HEAD OVER TO
MY OTHER BLOG to check out the first post and visit the other bloggers that are also participating.  

Maybe that's what you will be telling me after you have visited elsewhere  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings

8 comments:

  1. I would never do that!!
    Weird about the hijacked posts!
    Heading on over to uh other blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny,

    If one of your posts starts getting spam comments, don't delete the post. Turn on comment moderation for all posts older than 3 days. That way, the spam comments on older posts can't be published unless you approve them. You won't, of course. You will mark them as spam.

    You can also turn off comments for a particular post. Edit the post, then under options, disallow comments.

    When you get published spam comments, do not simply delete them. On your dashboard, under Comments, Published, mark them as Spam. Then in Comments, Spam, delete them. This will train the spam filters and the comments will automatically be identified as spam.

    I hope this helps.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  3. SG,

    I was going to say Hermione will know and she does.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Hermione knows, no help from this direction :(
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermonie is right on the money here. I have been getting tons of spam suddenly. I think it goes in waves sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sunny...Hermione gave you the same advice I would have given you...just more clear and concise. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the advice. I did try moderation at one time and then went back to open comments. The spam filter was catching 98% of it but occasionally one would sneak through. I was concerned that they infiltrated my blog through a virus - I am such a techno.

    I have followed Hermione's suggestion about posts over three days old, so both these things should solve the problem. It made for great numbers though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sunny, glad you got some great advice on the post issue. Hopefully that solves it. Am enjoying following your A -Z posts :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day