Monday, June 16, 2014

Just a Big Puddle


Hello everyone, another week has passed and we had some really good news this week. 
We enjoyed a great visit with some friends that came up from Houston and a nice Father's day with my brother and, of course, calls from the grands.

Ray had a health scare and came out with flying colors.  Another surgery last Wednesday and we're keeping our fingers crossed we will get the same good news.

Okay, enough Aimless Ramblings.  Here is the last part of the Ice Queen story.  The funny thing is, it was supposed to be finished last week but I neglected to include the last few lines. That little mistake caused me to write a third part.  I leave it to you to determine whether or not it was worth it.  

Part III

“I have a question; just how much of a red ass are we talking about?”

 “When we get to your place, I’d be happy to give you a sample.  Is that what you want?”

“Maybe.”

“You do realize that a spanking generates heat, and heat melts ice.”

“mmmm,” she said.

“Bare bottom this time so I can see the Ice Queen melt right before my very eyes.  Wendy was the one to laugh this time.

“Well, I’ll have to think about that, after all, it is a very inviting offer,” Wendy said.
                                __________________________

Wendy went over her last conversation with Wes all night long.  She wasn’t sure she should believe what he told her about taking the job if she thought it was the right thing to do.  The idea of him spanking her every single day if she did, didn’t enter into it, she actually liked that idea.  She would have never believed it but she enjoyed giving up control.  She spent her whole life being in control, and it was nice to sit back and not be responsible for everything.  Of course, that didn’t extend to all phases of her life, and she couldn’t allow Wes to make decisions regarding her professional life.

The next day she talked to Dave Parker to ask his opinion about the Dreamscape job offer; and how he would feel about moving over to Dreamscape with her.  He told her he was quite happy where he was, but that she had to do what felt right to her.  He explained that at Dreamscape, she would be relegated to work on their products only, and that could be stifling to someone with her talent, so to think it over carefully before she made any commitments.  He also mentioned that now she was free to work on and own any of her own artwork created outside of Mitchell Enterprises and asked if that would be the case at Dreamscape.

“You bring up some very good points, Dave.  Thank you for your honesty.”

“You’re welcome Wendy.  I should also tell you I don’t plan on going anywhere so it’s not likely you’ll ever get my job.”

“As I said Dave, thanks for the honesty,” and she smiled at him.

Wendy left Dave’s office and knew she had to separate the job offer from her relationship with Wes Mitchell.  Wes had wormed his way into her head and heart and when she thought about him, any rational thinking was lost to her.

She was working on her next project when the phone rang.

“So have you decided yet?”

“Decided what,” she asked innocently.

“Decided whether or not you want a red ass every single day.”  

“If I decide not to take the job, does that mean you’ll never spank me again?”

“Of course not.”

“So then it really doesn’t make any difference if I take the job.”

“Don’t you go putting words in my mouth, or I’ll come down from my glass tower and take you over my knee.”

“You and I both know that’s not going to happen, but I’ll keep the thought in mind,” Wendy told him.

“You do that.  Where do you want to have dinner tonight?”

“Now you are just assuming I’m free to have dinner with you tonight.”

“Well, aren’t you?”

“As a matter of fact I have plans.”

“Then cancel them.”

“Not happening Mr. Mitchell, but I’m available after dinner, if you want to drop by.”

“Now, there’s an offer too good to refuse.  See you about 9:30 or so.”

Wendy hung up and went back to work.  Two seconds later, the phone rang again.

“Are you calling to break the date?”

“I’m calling for Ms. Taylor. Did I reach the correct number?”

“Oh, I’m sorry; I thought I was speaking to someone else.  Who is this?”

“This is Jane Aubrey; I’m Jameson Brooks assistant, and he asked me to call and see if you are free to come by late this afternoon.  There’s a presentation he would like you to sit in on.  He said he would understand if you were unable to do this on such short notice, but he would appreciate it if you could attend and bring some samples of your work with you.”

“Yes, I can do that, about 4:30 or so.”

“Perfect, we’ll see you then.  Mr. Brooks will be pleased.”

Hanging up the phone, she once again started working on the project.  She had lost all train of thought, and it was as if she was starting from scratch.  Unfortunately, her mind wasn’t on her work this morning.   Between Wes and now that call from Jameson, she was distracted and her creative juices had deserted her.

What could Jameson possibly want me for today?  A presentation for what; why didn’t I think to ask?

At lunchtime, she told Dave she wasn’t being productive, and she was going to take off and be back tomorrow.

“Are you feeling okay?”

“I’m fine but I am just spinning my wheels here.  See you in the morning.”

She went home, changed and went for a run in the park.  Running had always helped her clear her head and she needed that.  While she was running she realized she didn’t want to leave Mitchell Enterprises. Was it because it was the safe thing to do? Was she afraid of the challenge at Dreamscape?  These were all questions only she could answer.  She continued her run and when she heard the clock tower chime 3:00, went home to shower and change in time for her 4:30 meeting at Dreamscape.

Arriving at Dreamscape headquarters, she was taken to a conference room by Ms. Aubrey.  There were six men sitting around the table and all rose when they entered the room.  Jameson Brooks introduced each of them and asked her to take a seat.

“I’m not sure what’s expected of me today, Jameson, could you fill me in?”
“First, I want to thank you for coming on such short notice.  Since we last spoke, things have changed.  Dreamscape is being taken over by another firm and Mr. Kensington, and Mr. Hennings  represent the new owners.  Although I will maintain my current position, I no longer have the authority to write blank checks regarding creating new departments and department heads.  I wanted them to meet you so they can see why I think so highly of you and your work.  They’ve already seen what you have done for us in this latest campaign, but they wanted to see a body of work rather than just one sample,” Jameson said.

“I see and as I told you the other day I’m flattered.  The thing is, I didn’t solicit this offer; you came to me and I don’t feel as if I have to sell myself to convince Messrs. Kensington and Hennings whether or not I am capable of handling a job I haven’t yet made a decision to accept,” she said.

“Didn’t I tell you gentlemen that Ms. Taylor can hold her own.  She is not just a talented graphic artist; she has the poise and chutzpah necessary to run a department and handle clients with panache.” Jameson said.

“Thank you Jameson for that endorsement but the truth is I decided I am going to stay at Mitchell Enterprises.  Gentlemen, it was nice meeting you, and I wish you the best of luck.” Wendy said.  She then pushed back her chair, stood up and walked out of the building with a smile on her face. That felt good, she thought, I knew I made the right decision and my relationship with Wes didn’t enter into it.  Glad I could  separate the two.

                                            _______________________

Wes rang the doorbell at 9:30 pm sharp.  She opened the door, and he handed her a huge bouquet of flowers.

“Thank you.  What did I do to deserve these?”

“You turned down the job at Dreamscape.”

“And just how do you know that?” she asked.

“Because, Mr. Kensington was my college roommate, and I knew this buyout was happening.  I wanted to make Jameson squirm the way he made me squirm the day you bailed me out at Brady’s,” Wes told her.

“Did you set me up?” she asked him.

“No, I didn’t.  I set up Jameson Brooks and that smartass group of his.”

“You don’t play fair.”

 “On the contrary, I play very fair. The job offer was still there even if Jameson wasn’t aware of it.  Rog knows what I think of you.  Besides,  I even told you to take the job if you thought it was right for you.”

“Yes, you did, along with the caveat that if I did I would get spanked every single day, assuming, of course; I allowed you to do that.”

“You allow me.  Oh, that’s funny.”

“What’s funny about that?”

“I can spank you anytime I want.”

“I don’t think so,” she told him as she went to look for a vase for the flowers. She reached down to get a vase, and her butt was looking too good to pass up. He came up behind her, put his arms around her waist and brought her over his hip and began spanking her.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“You present me with that glorious target, and I’m taking advantage of the opportunity,” and gave her a few more swats.  A few spanks later; he turned her around and kissed her.  She hugged him close and felt his erection. She ground her hips into him as she returned the kiss, then pulled back, grabbed his tie and led him to the bedroom.  He followed that sashaying ass like a puppy dog to a bone.

When they reached the bedroom, she presented him with her hairbrush. 

“If you are going to redden my ass, you best get to it because I have other plans for you,” Wendy told him.

“Ice Queen, huh.  Well, Ice Queen, when I’m finished with you, there will be nothing left but a big puddle.”

“There are towels in the linen closet,” she told him and laughed.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, I'm sorry to hear about Ray's health scare and so glad he came through with flying colours. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for more good news. Glad you had a great time with your visitors and a lovely Father's Day.

    Thank you for continuing this story. A real bonus ... and I'm hoping it's not finished yet :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz for your good wishes. I will pass them on.

      It is finished, at least for now, but never say never.

      Delete
  2. SG,

    Same as Roz, Sorry to hear about Ray's health scare but great news that he came through. Sending love, hugs and positive thought to you both.

    Thanks for another chapter SG. Loving it.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs and good thoughts. They worked.

      Glad you enjoyed the newest chapter. As I said it was totally unplanned, and it's the final chapter for now.

      Delete
    2. But keep them on ice:) I like this couple.

      Love,
      Ronnie
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunny! Glad Ray is doing well, after the scare! Gosh!
    Great story ending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As they said above, I'm sorry to hear about the health scare, but so happy he came through with flying colors. That sure is great news!

    And like always, love the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenzie, we have been blessed there is no doubt about it.

      Glad you enjoyed the story.

      Delete
  5. Sending good thoughts and prayers for Ray....and love this part of the story..wonderful ending.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank abby for your good wishes

      It's funny how it came about, isn't it.?

      Delete
  6. Hey Sunny...happy to hear you received good news regarding Ray's health...sending lots of prayers and positive energy that you receive good news regarding the latest surgery.

    Loved this part of the story also...very much worth the wait. I do like this couple and would enjoy it if their story continued.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cat for your prayers and energy.

      The story is over for now but who knows.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. We got the good news today. Thanks for the thoughts.

      Delete
  8. Sorry I missed this post. Glad things are okay. I will keep you in my prayers still. I absolutely loved this story. I waited till I could sit and read the entire story and I am glad I did.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day