Friday, June 20, 2014

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

Tomorrow is the first day of summer.  Yahoo.  It's my favorite time of year, after all, I chase it all year long so why wouldn't I be excited. What kind of plans do you have for this summer? 

Things have been quiet around here but Ray got good news on Wednesday.  His second round of surgery was successful and once the stitches are removed, he is free as a bird.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but some Canadian Geese come back here every year and hang around the pond in the back.  The last couple of years, we have been buying corn so we are practically guaranteed visitors every year.  Last year, one of the couples had three goslings but unfortunately they didn't make it very long.  It's pretty rural here, so either the coyotes, or bobcats or hawks got to them.  This year, a couple (have no idea if it was the same or not) had babies.  Three again - two are gone but one is still around and today I watched as it made its first attempt to fly. Baby steps but I felt like a proud mama, nonetheless. 

I am really reaching here for something to post.  I've been taxing my thought processes by participating in the AtoZ challenge.  For those of you who post every single day, kudos to you, it is hard work.  Somebody has this posted on FB the other and I thought I could use it some day.  Guess what, today's the day.






Isn't she a cutie, the camera is almost as big as her.  Anyway, enjoy today, focus on what's important and I'll see you again for more Aimless Ramblings.

18 comments:

  1. I'v'e still got to put my T post up....
    I love the midsummer - the days here are so long. The last few years its been wet and miserable in June, so its lovely to have a dry spell and enjoy the long evenings of sunshine.
    Nice analogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun, but not much else has been accomplished. Hope you summer is great.

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear Ray's good news. Love the poster, had not seen it before....i am loving reading the alphabet challenge, but it is hard to keep up!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was good news. Tell me about hard to keep up, there is no way I could visited everyone every day.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunny, so glad to hear Ray's good news. Love the poster and am enjoying the challenge. First day of winter for us. Sigh.

    Hugs
    Roz
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooooo glad about Rays news...(for you too)
    I love summer but the heat.... Not so much if it's extreme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote about life being like a camera. :) Also so happy to hear the second round of surgery went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too, so true. Thanks for the good thoughts.

      Delete
  6. Good to hear the news about Ray. Happy for you both.

    I hope we have a warm summer in the UK. Last couple of years June has been awful.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, it is a relief. Hope your summer is better than last summer.

      Delete
  7. What a nice entry with good news and a great photo.
    Thanks.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sunny...so happy to hear Ray's good results! Haven't really made any plans for the summer...just plan to enjoy it. Please keep us updated on the gosling. Thanks for sharing the pic...saw that on Facebook...love the look on her face. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. Sometimes, no plans is the best way - just living every day. I'll try and get a pix of that gosling and if I'm lucky I'll post it.

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear that Ray is okay.

    Right now I couldn't imagine posting every day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks Lil, it is a relief. Everyday posting is hard, I applaud those that do.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day