Sunday, February 17, 2013

This and That




WOW.  The weather here this week has been wonderful.  Like I expected it to be all winter.  Highs in the low 70's.  It's been a busy week.  We have had dinner with friends several times this week, which is always great fun.  We laughed and laughed, their daughter joined us and said she had forgotten how it was being with the four of us.  I think she meant it as a compliment, I took it that way anyway.  

One day I joined a friend at her card club and we played all afternoon. I love cards and hubby is just  not that into it. Once in a great while he will feel sorry for me and play a game or so but not nearly enough for me.

Other dear friends of ours have joined us here in Arizona for two weeks. They're also full time RV'rs so they too roam the same areas of the country and we always seem to be able to meet up somewhere along the way.  We've had dinner with them at their place and they'll come out to see us next week.  The following week we are going to take a few days and join them in Las Vegas.  It's been years since we've been there. It has changed so much I probably won't even recognize most of it.  Most of the hotels that used to be our haunts our gone, very few remain.  We were married there at a chapel next to Circus Circus which I always said reminded me very much of our wedding.  Some day I may post the story - looking back it's hilarious, at the time, not soooo funny.

Valentine's Day was pretty low key for us.  We always try to avoid going out to dinner on holidays.  It always seems like a good idea until we get there and then the lightbulb goes on as to why we do it so seldom.  We grilled filets, tails and asparagus. It was delicious but sorry to say that was the only tail  reddened that evening.  I had several glasses of  proseco and it took over about nine and I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. 

It's also been a week of good news with Bas feeling well enough to post again, Minelle's hubby finally recovering nicely and Love Spanks being such a success.  I enjoyed reading all of the stories and can't wait until they do that again.  My thanks to the writers who participated and to those who contributed the great prizes.  I was lucky enough to win an amazon gift certificate from Sue Lyndon and a pre-release copy of Ana's new book, The Way Home. On that same note, I want to thank everybody for stopping by and wishing us a Happy Valentine's Day and leaving a wonderful comment on my reprinted story.  I love getting comments, it's like my fifteen minutes of fame.

I'm off to enjoy another pretty day.  Hope you are able to do the same.  Tomorrow's story is a cute one. I think you will enjoy it.  Until then, see you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

25 comments:

  1. It was a nice week! Bas coming around was such a happy gift, my hubby being better and Love Spanks to round it all out!
    Your Valentines Day sounds nice. Maybe a red tush comes soon.
    I used to enjoy playing cards when I was young. I haven't really explored that in recent years. I think I'll give it a try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice week. So glad your Scotsman is better and Bas is back.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunnygirl. I hope you enjoy Vegas. I am not a great one for going on holiday but last year my son and his wife got married there. We all went, parents, siblings and a group of friends. It was a wonderful week, so hot, so beautiful, wedding was glorious (at the Bellagio).such a happy time. Love your stories, have a good week,Janxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we will. It's been a long time and we are going with friends we always have a good time with (terrible english). It won't be so hot this time of year but it was hotter than hades when we were married (it was August).

      Thanks for your nice comment about my stories.

      Have a good week too. Hope the workman get finished soon.

      Delete
  3. Hey Sunny...I love reading about your travels and happy it is warmer for you. Please send some of that warmth a bit further north will ya.

    My youngest and his wife got married in Vegas three years ago...that was the first time I had been there for years and didn't recognize a thing! Would love to read the story of your wedding.

    Guess that will teach you to limit the amount of proseco you drink...at least it you want a red 'tail' ;)

    Love Spanks was my first blog hop and I had so much fun...so many great stories. AND I won a prize...gift certificate from Cara Bristol and Loose Id...now just have to figure out how to not go too far over the amount of the certificates. LOL

    Enjoy your pretty day.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do what I can about the warmer weather. Maybe I can blow some hot air your way. LOL

      I'm sure I will be feeling the same way about Las Vegas. As I told Bas maybe someday it will turn up in a story -not sure I would feel comfortable on a blog post.

      The blog hop was fun. I did the Halloween one too.

      Red tails at sunset (oh wait, that's red sails)

      Maybe we could swap books around - like a Lending Library.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sunny, sounds like a wonderful week enjoying time with friends and a nice valentines day. It is so good to see Bas back in blogland again and to hear Minelle's hubby is on the road to recovery.

    Looking forward to tomorrow's story :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasa good week. I am so lucky to have such good friend on and off line.
      Hope you enjoy tomorrow's story.

      Delete
  5. Sunnygirl, now I have even more reason to be jealous at you. Full time RV'rs and also enjoyable weather.
    I would like to hear the story of the Las Vegas wedding. I'm always in for a story. Had you noticed?
    Valentine's Day is probably the worst day in the year to go out to dinner, so very wise that you stayed at home (or at RV?).

    Hugs,
    Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This is the third time I have tried to answer your comment. Blogger is being a real butt tonite.

      Anyway, your weather should be breaking soon, shoulnd't it. All those beautiful tulips will be in bloom and love will be in the air. Of course, love is always in the air between you and Lisa.

      My wedding was a disaster but looking back it's funny. 40+ years changes your perspective. I look at those few pictures we have and wonder who those people are.

      Glad you are back - missed you.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Terps I did. Hope yours was good and you got that call.

      Delete
  7. Oh Sunngirl!
    I love cards too!!! We do not get to play as much as we used to, but I do love a good card game. I have always told myself that I need to join a group and play at least once a month a so. Oh who knows. The only game I am really terrible at is poker.....as you might imagine, I do not have a poker face! hahaha! If I have a good hand, everyone knows LOL!

    I too would love to hear the story about your Las Vegas Wedding! :)

    We stayed in for valentines day too.....those crowds are just terrible so we always avoid that and just stay in:)

    Hope you have a wonderful day today in that oh so beautiful weather:)

    Belle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cards are fun. I grew up in a card playing family, hubby did too but it didn't take with him. Poker is not my game either but I'll play most everything else.

      Today was a lovely day and I took full pleasure from it. Hope yours was good also.

      Delete
  8. Good weather, good friends, good food. A wonderful week to be sure :) I hope it all continues for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope some of that wonderfulness creeps over into your neighborhood soon.

      Delete
  9. I love cards, too! I'll play anything, but for about a year I was hooked on Spades. I even held a tournament at my house. Partners were chosen by drawing numbers. My younger brother and I were the champs. Come to think of it, that day revitalized our relationship -- we were on the verge of being estranged.

    Happy late Valentine's Day! My husband and I went out Wednesday night to avoid the crowd and have a wonderful dinner together at our favorite Thai restaurant.

    It's nice to meet you. I look forward to reading more of your blog. I've added you to my reader. :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up playing cards. I can remember doing it with my Grandpa when I was about 8 or 9. I play Spades, used to do it more than now. it's a fun game.

      I look forward to visiting your blog again also. I post a story every Monday if you're interested.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a good week all around :)
    the weather here the last few days has been lovely too (although not quite as warm as yours) and prosecco, wine actually in general, can take me to the point of sleepiness.
    Hope you have a great time when you go to Vegas :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week Dee. Sometimes wine gives me a headache. I think it has to do with my frame of mind. I'm looking forward to Las Vegas.

      Delete
  11. I so envy you on your weather....freezing and cold here. Sounds like a great week, hope this one is good also.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sound very relaxed sunnygirl! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Susie, I believe I am. Life is good, thank you Lord.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day