Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Giggle


Hope everyone is having a spendid weekend.  Sorry for any readers dealing with the aftermath of that storm in the Northeast.  Take heart, the groundhog says it will be an early spring.

Since this is Sunday, thought this was a good day for this joke.

An Irish priest was transferred to Texas. Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new west Texas mission parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local police station.The conversation went like this: 

"Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

 "And the best of the day to yerself. This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann 's Catholic Church. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o'yer lads to take care of the matter?"

 Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit and recognizing the foreign accent, thought he would have a little fun with the good father, replied, 

"Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!" 

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment.......Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye,'tis certainly true; but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call."

This one really had me ROFLMAO.  Hope it did the same for you. I love quick wit and always wish those kinds of replies would come to me in the moment and not afterward as it usually does.

If you stop by for tomorrow's story, it is an ongoing tale of Joannie and Derek.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

20 comments:

  1. Your jokes get my day started off right. Hope you have a great Sunday.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. Hope yours was great too. You had a pretty good Saturday.

      Delete
  2. I woke my Sir up with this joke. It was a fabulous wake-up :-)

    ~fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.
    Oh I so hate that after the moment thought! Because it would have been so good just a little bit earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great one for a Sunday....we are still digging out, but is a beautiful view this morning!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFLMBO! Thanks Sunny...excellent start to my day. :D

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Thank you for sharing a good laugh!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made me smile :) Thanks, smiles haven't been easily forthcoming for me lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoL, thank Sunny. I so wish those replies would come to me at the time instead of after the fact.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...and the stinking groundhog is buried in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Susie. Hope MM made it home before it started.

      Delete
  10. I loved this....even in my sleep deprived brain, I got the punchline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is hysterical. I wish I had the quick wit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day