Monday, February 11, 2013

Out of Her Comfort Zone


Joannie and Derek met at Thanksgiving.  He met her family at Christmas and they spent New Year's Eve in New York.  Now it's Valentine's weekend and they will be spending it at Derek's home in Dallas.  


As she rode to the airport, the cabbie kept looking at her because she was crying so hard. Their two month whirlwind courtship was over.   She thought he was a keeper and she was even willing to put up with the occasional spanking but now he had gone too far.  She was, after all, a grown woman and didn’t like being treated as a child.
                                __________________________________________                                                            

He had a five day furlough and had invited her to join him at his home in Dallas for Valentine’s Day.  She was more than happy to do so.  She didn’t have any vacation time left so she took “sick” leave instead.  She had so many days built up she would never be able to use them all and they were non transferable so she didn’t see the harm.  He arranged for her to fly first class and gave her a pass to the Admiral’s Lounge. When she entered the lounge, sitting across from the door was one of her bosses.  Unfortunately, for her, he just happened to look up and saw her.  Was he aware she was on bogus “sick” leave?

Her mind was going in a thousand directions at once.  How should I play this?  As luck would have it,  his flight was called and he left the lounge and he told her to have a good flight.  Whew, she thought, I don’t have to think about this until next Tuesday.  Right now she was on her way to meet the “man of her dreams” and nothing was going to cheat her of that experience.

Derek was as the gate to meet her, one of the privileges of working for the airline.  He greeted her with a hug and a real long lovely kiss. She was literally swept off her feet and overheard an older couple walking by remark that “young love is grand, do you remember, Henry”.  They both chuckled and told the couple, “yes it is”. They walked hand in hand out of the airport and into his car. On the drive to his house he asked her how her flight was and if she had any trouble.  She told him everything was fine once the scare was over.

“What scare?” he asked.

“Oh, nothing serious, just seeing one of the bosses in the lounge”

“Why should that have been a scare?”

Damn, she thought to herself.  She should have not related that fact.  Now she would have to tell him how she managed to get the time off or it would mean another lie.  She knew how he felt about lying.  He had spanked her twice before for it and the last time he told her if he caught her again she would not like the consequences. 

“Just me being silly” she said, hoping he would drop the subject.

She immediately switched gears asking him what he had planned for them.  The only times she had been in Dallas had been for business and hadn’t really had time for much else.  She told him she would like to go to Dealy Plaza, Reunion Tower and Fort Worth to see the cattle drive and have dinner at J T Garcia’s and she hoped they would have the time.  

He looked askance at her, knew she was trying to divert the topic of the scare and decided to let it go for the moment.  Right now he just wanted to enjoy the fact that she was here and to make sure she loved the city enough to return again and again, eventually for good.  He loved her and planned on asking her to marry him before this trip was over.  He knew they hadn’t known each other long but he was sure she was the right one for him.  He was pretty sure she felt the same. Her job and family might be a stumbling block but he wouldn’t even mind if she commuted back and forth until children came along. With his erratic schedule it probably was best she continue to work until she had something else to keep her busy.  As for the family, being a pilot afforded them opportunities to travel as a discounted rate and they could visit back and forth.  

He told her they could probably fit it all in.  He watched her breathe a sigh of relief and knew there was something she was definitely hiding.

Wow, she thought, I dodged that bullet. 

His apartment was a penthouse floor in downtown Dallas.  It was all windows and because they were so high there was nothing to obstruct the view.  He had roll down screens that kept out the sunlight but none of the view.  She couldn’t wait to see it at night. It was definitely a man’s apartment but looked very comfortable.

“It’s beautiful” she told him.

“Yes, I am comfortable enough here and it is convenient.  I wouldn’t mind a house in the suburbs though.” He told her thinking of the future he had planned for them.

“Sweetheart, let’s get you comfortable” he winked.

“I am comfortable” she said completely missing the point.  He came over to her and started unbuttoning her blouse.

“Oh, that kind of comfortable” she smiled and started unbuckling his belt.

After their passion had been spent, he suggested they shower and go sightseeing.  She was game for that. She was a history buff and the whole Kennedy assassination fascinated her.  Dealy Plaza and the Texas Book Depository were must see’s as far as she was concerned.
By the time they had finished touring the museum they were both starved and decided to stop to eat. The Galleria Mall had quite a few restaurants and Derek thought they could do some window shopping at jewelry stores while they were there.  This way he could get an idea of what kind of ring she would prefer.

They found a little bistro tucked in the corner of the mall where they decided to stop.  They were led to a table in the back when she heard

“Hey Girl, I didn’t know you had a trip here this week. What accounts are you visiting?” Joannie spun around to see Rick Jessup, one of her co-workers sitting in one of the booths.

“Oh, hi Rick, I’m not here on business”

“Wow you must have some pull to get time off now, you should let me know how you do it”. Rich said.

She laughed and gave him some smart aleck answer about not being the right gender and they moved on. Damn, she thought I’m not going to get away with this.  I can just feel it in my bones.  Sure enough, Derek asked her what he meant about time off.  She figured she might as well come clean.
 
“I took “mental health” days. She said.

“You mean you called in sick”.

“More or less, there, it’s out.

“You lied to get the time off, you lied to me about taking the time off and if I’m not mistaken you lied to me earlier about the scare.  Am I right? .  He did not have on a happy face and his voice was filled with disappointment.

“I’m sorry, Derek.  I just couldn’t say no to coming to Dallas.  I wanted so much to see you.  I know you hate lying and I know you are going to spank me but it will be worth it” Joannie said.

“ I am so disappointed.  I thought we were past this because you know how I feel about it.  We’re going to have dinner now and we will talk about this more when we get back to the apartment. Enjoy sitting comfortably because it will be a while before you do so again” Derek told her.

Derek was his usual calm, confident self.  He kept trying to engage her in conversation but she was so upset she was miserable.  She kept  toying with her food.  She had lost her appetite.  When he asked for the check, it was almost a relief to be going home, even though what awaited her was not something to which she looked forward.

On the way home Derek stopped at a drugstore and purchased something while she perused the magazine shelf.  When they got back to the apartment he told her to change her clothes and meet him in the bathroom.  When Derek figured she would be done he went to the bathroom and found her sitting on the commode.  She looked so forlorn sitting there.  He was sorry he was going to have to do this especially now.

He had the package in his hand and when she saw what it was, her eyes widened.  It was a bar of Ivory soap.  All of a sudden she wasn’t so remorseful any more.  She jumped up and said:

“You are not planning to wash out my mouth with soap, are you?

“I am not planning on it, I am doing it.  Maybe this will be an additional deterrent”.

“There is no way I am allowing you to do that to me.” She got up and ran off to the bedroom.  She would have locked herself in the bathroom but that’s where he was.  She immediately started throwing her clothes into her bag and then realized she was in her night clothes. She began to change when he walked into the room.

“What are you doing? He said

“I’m leaving.  This thing we have is over.  I am a grown woman.  I would appreciate it if you would call me a cab.”  She continued gathering her things. 

“Joannie, be reasonable.  I thought we agreed what kind of relationship we were going to have.  If you feel that strongly about the soap we can…………………..

“No, it’s not just the soap.  I went along with the spanking and the occasional fanny warming is okay with me.  But I think you are a bit too old fashioned for me;  getting my mouth soaped , give me a break. I’m in love with you but I am an adult and expect to be treated as such.  She picked up her bag and headed to the elevator telling him she would wait for the cab in the lobby. 

She left him standing there with a stunned look on his face.  She began to cry and by the time the cab got there she was in full weeping mode.   She sat in the waiting area try to compose herself when she saw someone standing in front of her.  The next thing she knew he was kneeling down in front of her and took her face in his hand.

“Don’t go, Joannie.  I love you and I want to marry you.  We can work this out.  I know we can” he said. “Don’t go”

“I don’t know Derek.  I love you too, but I’m almost 35 years old and my time of standing in a corner, or writing lines, or getting my mouth soaped was over long ago.   I love our role play and our erotic spankings; I wouldn’t even mind the occasional punishment spanking but that’s it.  I respect your need for absolute honesty but we live in a “grey” world.  I would never lie about something important but little fibs here and there are part of everyday life.  I will try to respect your feelings about that but I can’t promise I will never tell another white lie.  But if I do, I don’t expect to get my mouth soaped. If you can live with that then I am willing to give it a try.”

He picked up her bag, she stood up and put her hand in his and they walked out of the airport and back to the Galleria to pick out a ring.