Friday, February 8, 2013

Reconnection and Embarrasing Moments

Today we drove over to Lake Pleasant.  It's not far from where we are staying and we both needed a water fix.  Sitting at the marina watching the sail boats and enjoying the sun.  Perfect.  Warmer weather - I love it, although we're in for a change this weekend.  Not like the northeast though so I should stop complaining.

We had a lovely reconnection, several leather goods were dusted off and boy was I out of shape.  It had been weeks and weeks, or so it seemed.  I was glowing in more ways than one when all was said and done.

BTW, PK over at New Beginnings has posted a follow up story of mine on Fantasy Friday today.  Go over and take a look.  Also, Minelle's hubby is having some health issues and they could use some positive thoughts.  The same with our wonderful Bas.  Please keep them in mind as you traverse the day.

On a different track, talk about embarrassing moments.  We all have them and obviously doctors are no exception, see below for some examples.



EMBARRASSING MEDICAL EXAMS

A man comes into the ER and yells. . .'My wife's going to have her baby in the cab.' I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's dress and began to take off her underwear. Suddenly, I noticed that there were several cabs and I was in the wrong one! 
-                                         __________________________

At the beginning of my shift, I placed a stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest wall. 'Big breaths,' I instructed.

"Yes, they used to be," replied the patient

                                         ___________________

One day I had to be the bearer of bad news, when I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct. Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of a 'massive internal fart.' -

                                      ______________________

A woman and her baby were in the doctor's examining room, waiting for the doctor to come in for the baby's first exam. The doctor arrived, and examined the baby, checked his weight, and being a little concerned, asked if the baby was breast-fed or bottle-fed. "Breast-fed," she replied...

'Well, strip down to your waist,' the doctor ordered. She did. He pinched her nipples, pressed, kneaded, and rubbed both breasts for a while in a very professional and detailed examination. Motioning to her to get dressed, the doctor said, 'No wonder this baby is underweight. You don't have any milk.'

“I know”, she said. “I'm his Grandma, but I'm glad I came”.





  • Photo

                                                                       

Make it a great day everyone.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.


                                                              

29 comments:

  1. Sunnygirl --
    Thank you, these were hysterical! It's been a long day of work and these were just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMBO Sunny...loved the embarrassing medical exams!

    Happy to hear you had a lovely reconnection...I'm sure you'll get back into 'shape' soon. ;)

    Have a great weekend.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope so too. Have a good weekend yourself.

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha. These were very very funny :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was funny. Just the right thing to start the day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed. I know you been having a rough couple of days. Happy all is well now.

      Delete
  5. The 'leather goods' sounded very ouchy Sunny! But it is very good to re-connect - I'm with you there! The embarrassing moments were very funny and I love good jokes. It's just that I can never remember them to pass on to someone else!

    Hugs, Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami, I keep telling you leather is so much better than wood and it is.

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to share some of these with John! Thanks for the laugh this morning

    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the life funny. Where are those extra parts??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the laugh! :-) Hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sunnygirl,

    Enjoyed your story over at PK's and your post today made me laugh!

    Love,
    Hannah

    P.S. I'd love to have you follow my blog...

    http://hannahgetsspanked.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DId stop by this am. FD sent me over but I didn't have time to comment.

      Welcome

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the funny, gave this girl some brightness on a grey day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) - hope the day got brighter. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  11. I always love funny things that make me laugh. Hope it's not weeks again before the next reconnect. Great story

    ReplyDelete
  12. The funny stories made me laugh. Best he keeps up with that leather, you don't want to get out of practice again:) hugs jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got a chance to reconnect and appreciated the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely needed the reconnect even if it was a little difficult.

      Delete
  14. HI Sunny, glad you had a reconnection. Lets hope you don't get out of practice again :)

    I loved your story over at PK's. Thanks for the laughs.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too. It's too hard sometimes. Glad you enjoyed the story and the laugh

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day