Wednesday, February 6, 2013

HOME FROM THE HILLS


Hi, it's good to be home.  I had a wonderful time visiting with my friend.  I complained to her about the weather but it was really not that bad.  It's just that my body is acclimated to a warmer climate.  Flying in and looking down at the snow covered peaks and valleys already had me shivering.  But typical Denver, the snow was gone the next day, at least where we were.

We didn't do much great and grand, just enjoyed being with each other, visited with some other friends, went shopping, trumped around and ate.  I told her I would be amazed if I didn't have to be rolled onto the flight back.  

Boy, Denver sure has grown in leaps and bounds since we arrived there in 1983.  Federico Pena, a Denver Mayor, at the time ran on a motto of "Imagine a Great City". He was a visionary because it really is a great city.  It has everything you could possibly want (well it doesn't stay warm in the winter, which is why we are not still there).

Did I mention that my friend is a  massage therapist.  Needless to say I was treated to body work of some kind every day I was there, sometimes full massages and sometimes just shoulders, or feet, or cranial.  Now I am well-adjusted (obviously the cranial work didn't take or I wouldn't have made that statement.  lol)  Good thing she doesn't read this blog or I would be in deep trouble.

I want to thank you all for the good wishes you expressed in my post about being gone.
So many friends to be thankful for.

Have to get off now or I will be in hot water. Actually I will be because I have to hit the shower and be ready before hubby gets back.  We have errands to run today.

The following is something I came across in a book at my friend's house and it was too good not to share.

THE RULES FOR BEING HUMAN
HANDED DOWN FROM ANCIENT SANSKRIT

1.      YOU WILL RECEIVE A BODY
You may like it or not, but it will be yours for the entire period round.

2.      YOU WILL LEARN LESSONS
You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life.  Each day in this
school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons.  You may like the lessons
or think them irrelevant and stupid.

3.      THERE ARE NO MISTAKES, ONLY LESSONS
Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation.  The failed experiments
are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately works.

4.      A LESSON IS REPEATED UNTIL IT IS LEARNED
A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it, then
you can go on to the next lesson.

5.      LEARNING LESSONS DOES NOT END.
There is no part of life that does not include its lessons.  If you are alive, there
are lessons to be learned.

6.      THERE IS NO BETTER THAN ‘HERE’
When your ‘there’ has become ‘here, you will simply obtain another ‘there’
that will again look better than ‘here’.

7.      OTHERS ARE MERELY MIRRORS OF YOU
You cannot love or hate something about another person unless if reflects to you
something your love or hate about yourself.

8.      WHAT YOU MAKE OF YOUR LIFE IS UP TO YOU
You have all the tools and resources you need, what you do with them is up to
you.  The choice is yours.

9.      THE ANSWERS LIE WITHIN YOU
The answers to life’s questions lie within you.  All you need to do is look, listen
trust.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

22 comments:

  1. Your trip and your friend sound so lovely :) Thank you for sharing what you found. They are all things I believe, but it's always helpful to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend is very spiritual and her house is a virtual treasure trove of wonderful things to see and read.

      Delete
  2. Glad to have you back...a week with a friend who gives massages....what could be better? I love your share....those are things we should all remember.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks abby and now you are gone. Hope the snowstorm doesn't derail your plans. Stay warm and safe.

      Delete
  3. Aaaahhh, Denver. I have a fondness for that particular city myself. ;) I'm glad you had a good trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, I bet you do. Every time I travel back it grows even more. Last time back I visited more in the Boulder area. This time went to the other end and I was amazed at finding light rail from the Tech Center to downtown.

      It's funny in one of my recent stories I mentioned the Park Meadows Mall. When we lived there it was out in the "boonies". We went just this last week and I could barely spot it among all the myriad other things surrounding it.

      Anyway, thanks it was fun.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good time! It's always good to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really missed your sunny presence!! I am going to reflect on 'my' lessons needed! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post :) and sounds like you had a fabby time :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Sunny - happy to hear you had a great time with your friend. Ooh daily massages...lucky you, I'm so jealous.

    Bet hubby is very happy to have you back also. Hope you've had some wonderful dancing. ;)

    Thanks for sharing the 'Rules for Being Human' - so very true.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The massages were great. When she was going to school, hubby and I used to be the guinea pigs. What a long way she has come.

      He is happy (I think, lol). I loved the 'rules' too.

      Delete
  8. Welcome back Sunny, it's great to see you back in blogland :) Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my post today.

    I'm so glad you have a great trip. Massages every day - wow! I love the Rules for being Human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. The massages were so wonderful and I so miss them.

      Hope you had a great blogaversary.

      Delete
  9. Welcome home SG. Sounds like you had a lovely time.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Ronnie. It's always good reconnecting, although we talk a couple of times a week.

      BTW, I am employing your line in a story I'm currently writing. Thanks for the permission. It will make its appearance sometime close to Easter.

      Delete
  10. I need to find a friend who is a massage therapist! Glad you had a good time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wasn't always a massage therapist but I am glad she is one now. Hubby and I have really heaped the benefits through the years.

      Delete
  11. I'm a little jealous of your massages and am really glad you had a good time away. LOL...back to the old grind now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Susie, it was pretty fabulous. I know I miss it already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day