Wednesday, November 7, 2012

IRL, TTWD, TMI, LOL (and not laugh out loud)

and any other initials that may apply


NOVEMBER 9, 2012
Glad the election is finally over.  No more political ads.  Luckily we have not been subjected to the ads for the last couple of weeks because we have no television reception here. I did miss watching  and listening to the "talking heads" during the election results.  Our computers have served us well.

It's been a while since I posted anything about RL.  We have been having a great time with the "grands".  Been to lots of football games, watched my #1 grand score a touchdown; soccer games where my #2 grand is a phenomenal player and scores the most goals almost every game.  Not only that but he is so gifted that he actually will take the ball to the goal and then let another child get the opportunity to kick it in and receive the glory.  Not bad for 8 years old.  I am so enjoying this time with them.

This past weekend we had our oldest grandson with us here in the RV.  We got the ultimate compliment Saturday night before bed.  He told us he enjoyed spending time with us - we were really cool.  We're taking turns having the boys for the weekend.  This gives them and their parents a treat.  Sibling rivalry is alive and well in their household. My daughter was so frustrated with them the other day I think she thought about selling them on the black market. LOL.  The little one is such an instigator.  He has his dad's personality.  He just keeps tweaking the older one for attention and he got attention alright, not sure it was in the way he wanted.  I asked him if he learned anything from the incident and his response was yeah to leave my brother alone.  I asked if he thought he would do that.  His response was "I doubt it".  Our daughter has her work cut out for her.


While they're in school we have been sightseeing.  It has  been thirty three years since we've been up this way and it has changed so much.  Not many of our old haunts left.  The scenery is still exquisite but because we've seen so many beautiful places in the interim it doesn't seem as spectacular.  Of course, the ocean still calls us and that will never change.  The other day we were in Carmel and it was just the perfect day.  Sunshine and warmth and then the marine layer kicked in, the temp dropped about 10 degrees so walking around, with hot lattes, and watching the ocean roar against the rock made a perfect day. For us, anyway.  Those of us in the know, dressed accordingly.  The real tourists were freezing their you know what off because they were dressed in shorts, sandals and tank tops.  They sell a lot of sweatshirts and jackets in Carmel.


For my birthday, our kids took us to a really special place in Capitola. Once upon a time it was someone's home but the restaurant has been there since 1947.  This cute little cable car transports you to the dining room.. Great food and wine.  We had such a good time - I think the wait staff had as much fun as we did.

My birthday spanking didn't happen until a couple of days later and it was anticlimatic.  The other night was much better. I was just suggesting to hubby that we play when he came out of the bedroom holding the 5 gallon paint stirrer.  Great minds.  He did a great job in giving me what I wanted.  I was actually a little tender the next morning, which never happened before. We rock and rolled afterward.   I slept in until 8:30 that next morning and hubby commented that was what great sex did for you.  He was right.  I don't remember waking up once.  Woke up to a grey overcast day with just light sprinkles, the perfect weather to stay inside and cuddle which we did.

Next week we want to take a trip to Big Sur.  The coastline is spectacular.  The redwoods are on our must do list too while we are here.  Always feel so close to God there.

Well enough for now. Remember Friday is LOVE OUR LURKER'S DAY.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

27 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you're having such a wonderful time. Hope your youngest grand never gets together with Rogue's 'little man' - OMG what a pair they would make. LOL

    Thanks for the beautiful pics - love the little cable car - so cute.

    Enjoy your family and stay safe.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. The two of them together could probably rule the world.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and enjoying the grands. I am so happy for you. Agree with Cat, sounds like your youngest grand and Rogue's ' little man' would be dynamite! Lol

    Birthday dinner sounds lovely, as does the 'TMI" stuff Lol

    Thanks for sharing, love the pics.

    Enjoy and take care. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a great time enjoying the grands. The little one is a pistol.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunnygirl,
    Keep writing about the grandchildren. I need to know what to prepare for.
    Although, having read about your Little One and Rogue's Little Man, I think I had better plan for a granddaughter.

    Great minds do think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me that girls are much harder than boys. They're cute but they can turn "mean". LOL

      Delete
  4. Reading about your RL always makes me envious. I want to be retired and able to look around at these beautiful spots and I am looking forward to grandchildren too. It all just sounds like so much fun!

    Keep on rocking hat RV,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few more years and you can do it too. It is something to look forward to.

      Delete
  5. If the RVs a rockin...don't come a knockin:) What a beautiful place! And I am really glad the election phone calls will stop:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was the saying back in the day. Me too on the election calls, although we did get from for Eva Longoria the other day.

      Delete
  6. Great pics and nice Real Life things going on for you. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with PK, I'm turning green with envy :) Then I remember I still have time to do those things, until then, thanks for sharing your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have plenty of time to do these things. It is great.

      Delete
  8. Today, I'm envious of your life. :) Happy belated birthday, and keep those stories coming!!
    Bas, you really need a grandson...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rogue. it is fun. It's been suggested that your little man and my youngest grandson would be quite a pair. I think so too.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful. I'm envious of all your travels but thank you for sharing them with us.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm envious of your trips to Spain but you share also.
      Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Your welcome. I always enjoy your travelogs from your trips to Spain and I thank you for tharing them.

      Delete
  10. Love hearing all the details and love the pics too. Hubby and I were just talking about doing this, and how much fun it would be. He said isn't this what Sunny and her husband are doing in their retirement? 'Yep!'
    Better late than never for the spanking!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pictures are lovely and it sounds like you're having a great time on your RV adventure! I find it hard to believe though that you are old enough to have "grands", especially old enough grands that play football!

    Happy Belated Birthday, Sunny! I hope you have an awesome year ahead and more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a great time. Thanks for your good birthday wishes and for the compliment on being old enough for football playing grandkids. I am with years to spare.

      Delete
  12. Happy belated birthday! so glad you had a great spanking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet thing of your grandchild to say. Melts your heart, doesn't it?
    DH used to go to Carmel when he was a boy, and his parents still have a house there. I would love to visit one day, looks just amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a sweetie, they both are.

      It is beautiful, hope you get to visit one day too.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day