Friday, May 18, 2012

Too HOT to ????????????

Life has been so vanilla, I can't stand it anymore.  The only thing HOT is the temperature and it is draining the life out of us.  


We had a great time in CA visiting with our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids.  We really got to spend some quality time with each of them which is a rare occurrence.  Their lives are so busy I get tired watching them.  SIL's school had a great tribute for him on Friday - brought tears to my eyes and to the eyes of my 7 year old grandson.  He is quite a boy.  Our daughter says he is both a lover and a fighter.  He is one tough little guy when it comes to sports. Our older grandson  is more stoic and dramatic at the same time.  He is really not a boy anymore.  Scary how fast time goes.  We took the boys to see The Avengers in 3D. The boys (including my husband) loved it. Saturday was the usual round of soccer games.  I went with my daughter to see the older boy play and hubbie went with our SIL to see the younger boy play.   Saturday night we had some adult time at a great waterfront restaurant and on Sunday, my daughter treated me to a mani-pedi-waxing Mother's Day gift and our husbands cooked dinner.  Great day.  We left on Monday but not before joining our daughter for breakfast at another great waterfront spot. The visit was quick but we will see them again at the end of August and spend a couple of weeks helping them get settled in their new digs.


Next Friday we are off to the mountains for the summer.  It is much too hot (temperature wise) down here in the valley for me.  One good thing is that I think some fat has been seared off my thighs though from sitting on hot leather car seats.  WOW.  If I ever get another spanking before we leave here, I will have to remember not to wear shorts if I plan to get in a car -that would be too much  like wearing pepper cream. As a matter of fact,  it feels like pepper cream even without the spanking.  LOL


Well enough aimless ramblings for today.  See you later.

14 comments:

  1. So glad you got to spend time with the kids and grandkids. Sounds great. And I'm glad you are heading to the mountains for the summer, you make the place sound great.

    Just read over at Faerie's, sounds like you are having a pretty nice time!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward t a little cooler. Hopefully, it won't be burning when we get. there.

      Delete
  2. Heading to the mountains for the summer sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time with family sounds good and your future plans, too.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time. Always happy to anticipate a future visit.

      Delete
  4. LOL...see...when it gets too vanilla all you need are your shorts and the hot leather.

    Humm, so many places one could go with that.

    Wishing you more spankings in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got one yesterday, right after he read my post. Not too hot after all.

      Delete
  5. sunnygirl,

    Laughing at your pepper cream analogy. Not looking forward to the really hot days of summer.

    Love,
    Kitty

    P.S. Hope you get a good sound spanking very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected it to be hot, but not this hot this soon. Looking forward to some cooler weather. Got one yesterday. Hopefully, with cooler weather on tap, there will be more to come.

      Delete
  6. Since I'm finally in the west...I'm looking forward to a summer without humidity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome - you will love it. I missed it when I was gone.

      Delete
  7. Heading to the mountains sounds wonderful. I'm envious of all the heat and sunshine you guys have.......... I'm struggling to even remember what the sun looks like over here!

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll send a little sunshine and heat your way. Let me know when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day