Friday, May 11, 2012

REFLECTIONS

We moved to California forty-three years ago, separately.   It beckoned each of us with its promise of great weather, sunny skies, casual living and Disneyland.  It lived up to its promise.  Unfortunately, too many people also had the same dream and for us it became too much of everything.  When our daughter went to college we moved to Colorado for the wide open spaces no longer available in California.  Our native California daughter and her native California husband have stayed put and on our visits over the years we have watched California lose its luster.  Driving in yesterday, it reminded me of how different it was from the first time I drove over the San Bernadino pass into the fertile valley below. I was young and fresh the first time and each time I visit I too have lost some of my luster. Life moves on and neither one of us are golden anymore. Just Silver that needs a little polishing now and then.

Have a great weekend everyone.  See you later with more Aimless Ramblings.

2 comments:

  1. Some how this makes me happy even though some might say sad. I just see you all going from gold to silver together and moving to where that is open and beautiful. This makes me feel peaceful.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything changes but the changes. I just realized how wistful it sounded. Wasn't sad. Just thinking how different. It is a reminder to enjoy every moment though because it goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day