Sunday, May 27, 2012

CHANGE IS IN THE AIR

Talk about change.  As I posted before we were down in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix area) for the past month where the temperatures rarely came in below 100.  So Friday was our move day to our summer location. It's at 6400 feet so we can expect much cooler temps.  

My hubby said the scenery was spectacular. Beautiful vistas, canyons, switchbacks, going from cactus to scrub to pines as the elevation increased.  Unfortunately, I was ill and spent the ride hiding my eyes and praying we would soon get there.  Did I mention the wind was gusting at 45 to 60 mph?  In a high profile vehicle that feels like a roller coaster ride that  never ends.  

Today, the wind has finally stopped, I am no longer ill, and we woke up to temperatures of 29 degrees outside. Of course, it's only 5:30 am and will warm up.  It is beautiful blue skies, tall pines and aspens -it reminds me of when we lived in Colorado. 

Looking forward to a great stay and more new adventures. 


Happy Memorial Day to all and let's all spend a moment giving thanks to those who give us so much so we can be free.  



See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.


6 comments:

  1. Bless it! I'm sorry your ride was so rough, and glad you're feeling better! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better, I passed it on to hubby but he too is on the mend. Enjoy the weekend. Thanks for the good thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Wow, 29 degrees? Brrr!!! Guess you guys will have to find some way to stay warm, lol. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a heavier blanket. I shared with hubby and now he is the one on the mend.

      Delete
  3. Hope you both are feeling better and your travels continue without any more yuchs. Stay warm and cozy and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day