Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Merriment



Hope this starts off your week with a laugh.   

A road crew supervisor hired Ole to assist with painting the yellow line down the middle of the road. He was skeptical about hiring him, but he appeared enthusiastic and told him that he really needed the job. At least his wife Lena told him so.

He explained to Ole that his work day would be to complete 2 miles of line on the road, and he was set up with brushes and paint and got him started. After the first day, the supervisor was pleased to find that he did an excellent job and was able to paint 4 miles of road in his 8 hour shift. He told him that he did an excellent job and how pleased he was with his progress. 



 

On the second day, Ole completed painting 2 miles of road. His supervisor was surprised that on day one, he had completed twice as much work, but did not say anything, as 2 miles of road was the amount that the job required anyway. He decided to just accept it, and to look forward to the next day when he was sure that he would pick up his speed again.
On day 3, the supervisor was shocked to learn that in his 8 hour shift, Ole only completed painting 1 mile of road. He was called the supervisor's office and asked what was the problem .. "On your first day, you completed 4 miles of road, on your second day, 2 miles of road, and now on day 3, you were only able to complete 1 mile of road. Can I ask you, what is the problem?"

"Vell," Ole replied, "I’ll tell you vhat, but I tought you vould know. Every day I vas getting farder and farder avay from da paint can.”


I don't know about you, but there are times my light bulb doesn't shine too brightly either.  I think we all have those days.   FD had a post yesterday about sapiosexual, I don't think Ole has to be concerned he's going to have a following.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

23 comments:

  1. Hehehe.
    I only know what sapiosexual is because I've just came over from Kitty's post. Lol! I don't think I should be concerned about a following either :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay until I read FD;s post I didn't know what it was either. Guess neither one of us should be concerned about a following.

      Delete
  2. lol funny, it reminds me of back last summer, just outside of my house there is this large patch of grass which often people use to park their cars on (they are not meant to) so the local council decided to put small wooden barriers around it.

    I was upstairs in my bedroom watching, the contractors parked their van in the middle of this green and proceeded to put the barriers up..yep you can guess what happened..they barricaded themselves on the green....it had me in stitches.

    tori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for my laugh for the day. What's even funnier is that there way more than one. Our tax dollars at work.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for he laugh! IT was a great start to the day.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Sunnygirl, I see those guys all over town, they are the crews that work here where I live!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A laugh on Monday norning is always a good thing..thanks! abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I was able to help get the day off to a good start.

      Delete
  6. Yes, thanks for the laugh on a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing is good any time, especially on Monday mornings.

      Delete
  7. That is funny! I always enjoy your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny. I always enjoy your posts too. Humor makes for a much happier everything.

      Delete
  8. Lol! Cute story...I missed your Monday posts when I was gone.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny, almost sounds like a blonde joke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His name is Ole and probably Scandanavian so it's a good bet he could be blonde. LOL

      How was the weekend?

      Delete
  10. Oh SG, that was funny. Thanks so much.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Awesome! I love aha moments, when the light bulb turns on super bright, and I got it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day