Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Seinfeld Post

Today is the third day they expect record high temperatures. I am talking 108 to 112.   I have never tolerated heat very well.  When I was younger I didn't perspire ( or glisten as my mother used to say) so I had to be very careful to avoid heat stroke. Not the case anymore sans menopause but I still don't tolerate it well.


I must really be wimpo because there are people are out there riding bicycles, playing golf, etc.  In addition to the heat there is the smoke from the fires.  To me they are all reasons to stay indoors  and find something to occupy yourself and maybe make a little heat of your own.


We're trying.  Follow ups might be forthcoming.


Get the title - it's about nothing.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings (maybe).

14 comments:

  1. We've been in the mid 80's to low 90's already! That's very unusual for us, I think it's gonna be a loooong summer :)

    Staying inside in the AC and having some playtime sounds like a great way to deal with the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the weather pattern is changing everywhere. It's usually not this hot here til the end of June.

      Delete
  2. I would not venture out in that heat...but staying in has its good side..enjoy! abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I am pretty much an indoor bunny when it's this hot.

      Delete
  3. Heat is only good at a few specific locations. Come visit us. Beautiful weather here, windows opened at night and just cool enough for a little cuddling during the night.

    Hugs,
    PK

    Wait, strike that, too hot there for hugging, but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to come visit. You never know. I will be experiencing some of that delightful weather once we get up to Show Low this Friday. Can't wait.

      Delete
  4. Summer is coming wayyyyyyy to fast. I cannot stand the heat and would rather be inside anyday. I watch my kids play soccer when it is like one hundred degrees. I don't know how they do that. I feel like crying when it gets over ninety. Hope it starts cooling down a little for you soon. I would invite you here but I think that we would be offering you similar conditions.
    I want to go with you to visit PK when you go. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't I know it. 20 degrees hotter than usual for this time of year. Luckily, being in the RV allows us to go up to the mountains for the summer. Leaving Friday - can't wait.

      Delete
  5. Stay cool Sunnygirl and cute title of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staying indoors and creating heat of your own sounds like not so bad an idea. Enjoy :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our friends kidnapped us and we went to the movies and dinner instead. Was fun though and cool.

      Delete
  7. I hate to be cold so I love hot weather but 111 is a little too much. At last our summer has arrived is been around the 75-79 degrees for the last few days and looking the same for the weekend.

    Enjoy the mountains.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day