Wednesday, March 14, 2012

And the............Continues

We have been here since Saturday.  Each place we stay seems to be better than the last.  Our RV is parked at the end of a finger into the lake so we are surrounded by water on three sides.  It is really beautiful and so very peaceful.  We had our first visitors this evening.  My sister and husband came for dinner.  Dinner in an RV is an experience.  Space is at a premium so I cooked everything earlier and then just had to warm up when they arrived. My sister and I are getting along pretty well.  I think we did the right thing by not staying at their house.  That might have been just too much togetherness for us.

We're heading to the Big D next.  Brother lives there and we will probably be there for a bit.  Our original plan was to head to our final destination  from Texas - but change is in the air.  I might be flying to CA from TX with hubby coming later in the RV. Our daughter and her husband have to take a trip and don't want to take the boys out of school so I will be taking care of them and then go out to PS with them and meet up with hubby.  After CA we will head back to AZ to become residents of that state, I think.

Considering the tight quarters and all that togetherness (1400 miles and 4 weeks on the road) we are getting along better than ever and having a blast.(whoda thunk)   It is great not having any time constraints and just the usual day to day annoyances that crop up.

My hubby's new thing is to get in as many swats as possible while we are out in public.  Just knowing there isn't anyone we are ever going to see again makes him "slap happy". Another new thing is gas stations are our new best friends.  They are so very happy to see us drop by.  As the tank gets filled the checkbook gets depleted but our traveling road show keeps on truckin'.

Just finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey.  I happened to catch the Today show one day while they were doing a piece on the book.  Florida Dom mentioned it on his site also a few days ago. Ordered the Kindle version from Amazon and oooooooooooohhh  has it kept me tuned in and turned on. Hubby and I are both reaping the benefits - an "educational" read.

That's it for now.  See You Later.


19 comments:

  1. You make me jealous every time you write about your trip. I'm really glad its going so well. I down loaded the book and I'm just getting started. You and FD have gotten me intrigued! Sounds like a great read.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be jealous. it is great fun. Think you will like the book. Reading Rth Rising now.

      Delete
  2. That sounds very pretty! I love camping right by the water. Thanks for continuing to share your travels with us. Makes me smile every time you put a post up.

    Now the swats in public...that's just funny! He's right, you'll never see these people again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely. Almost hate to leave. The swats continue - today it was in the grocery store. Loving it.

      Delete
  3. Haha sounds like much fun to me :) I'm going to go have a look see at this book, you've gotten me curious too.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your comment. I think the first book was the best but it could be because you weren't expecting most of it. 2 and 3 are still better than most though. Glad you enjoyed.

      Sunny Girl

      Delete
  4. Ok I had to come back with my own aimless rambling lol! I've already downloaded the book and like what I'm reading so far :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You feed my gypsy soul, thank you for sharing your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me gypsy. I've always had the wanderlust too.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are having the trip of a lifetime...making great memories! I just downloaded the book this morning! abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why but google chrome is giving me a hard time replying to your comment.

      I tried to tell you that yes we will have great memories if only we can remember them.

      Hope you enjoy the book.

      Delete
  7. Keep sharing! I love to hear about your trip and it's so cute that your husband keeps spanking you in public, lol!

    Love,
    Kitty

    P.S. Have fun with your grandkids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sitting here in the office with a cuppa sighing. I wish I was there. Thanks for sharing your travels with us I really do love to hearing about them.

    I was going to down load the book but it initially didn't have very good reviews. Must take another look.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie I've already finished the 1st book and like Sunnygirl says, I thought it very hot and steamy, so much so that I've downloaded books 2 and 3. I would imagine it's not to everyone's tastes but it did it for me :)

      Delete
  9. I'm happy to share. I really am enjoying the travels.

    Depending on who critiqued the book I am sure it didn't get rave reviews. It is by no means a Pulitzer Prize winner but it is steamy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to read that someone else enjoyed the book! I've been reading not so great reviews and I started wondering what's wrong with me because I absolutely love it. And I love me some Christian Grey. :) Did you read/enjoy the second and third one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first one was the best, but that is usually the case. I did enjoy both of them though and went through them just as quickly.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day