Friday, January 20, 2012

I Don't Do Well With Titles



Today after catching up on my reading list of blogs (list on side doesn’t include all) I came to a conclusion we are blessed with loving caring mates.  The majority of the blogs are written by women (men don’t feel left out) and whether we are just venting about some of life’s inequities, or we’ve just been spanked or hugged or listened to, the love of our mates is reflected in the posts. To me it’s like a beacon in the fog of stories you see on the news or read in the newspapers.  

I see my husband do things every day to make life better for us. They may just be small things but he goes about them in such a matter of fact way and it's easy to forget that it really is just a labor of love.  That same love is what I see reflected in the everday posts of my reading list. 

I like to think we are not just a small percentage of loving, caring couples but part of a larger community that shares our good fortune.  Today’s news is so skewed toward “if it bleeds, it leads”  I think it’s easy to forget there are probably a lot more men and women like us and it gives me hope for a better future for our kids and grandkids. 

The fact that my husband brought me flowers and chocolate yesterday for no good reason other than he is such a good guy and he loves me might have something to do with this musing too.


Just some more aimless ramblings.  Make it a great day.   

See you later. 

7 comments:

  1. This made me smile. What a lovely post to wake up to. Thank you for starting my day off on a positive note. (=

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, like loving your husband and being proud of it has become obsolete. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Yes, we whine and complain a little but in the midst of that is this sense of powerful love. It's all across the blogs. I love it. Flowers AND chocolate! You are a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how sweet, sunnygirl! You've got a great hubby, for sure.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always felt left out (thankfully) of conversations where all the wives were husband bashing. I guess I'm bias but I think couples involved in TTWD are closer than average. There is a level of trust that is very evident.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that he brought you flowers and chocolate just because. You are one lucky women but then I agree with PK that couples in TTWD tend to be close.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Autumn - Glad I was able to help you start off your day on a positive note.

    Faerie: I think you and MM are a great love story.

    Susie: Love is definitely in the air and yes I am a very lucky girl.

    Kitty: I think my husband is pretty great - cute too.

    PK: I think you are right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day