Sunday, December 29, 2013

Another Tease

Quiet Sarah surprised me last week when she asked if she could post a review of my latest book.  She liked it - well you can read it for yourself.  I decided to post another little blurb here to tweak those of you who may have received a new ereader or other electronic device for Christmas and want to try it out.

Love Is Where You Find It.  It's the story of Randy Colburne, a retired rodeo cowboy and Misty Callahan.  Randy has taken Misty to his hometown and she is staying with his parents while she gets her life on track.  This scene takes place the day after her arrival at the Bar C Ranch and she is being introduced to Randy's sister. Randy has the first peek into her life before Cheyenne. 

She started the walk back to the Colburne Ranch.  After about a mile and realizing  how much further still to go she decided to thumb a ride with the next person coming down the road.  Several vehicles passed her by but she could see this next truck was slowing down.  It went a little passed her and stopped.  She ran up to the truck and saw it was Randy. 

“Thank you for stopping.”

“What the HELL are you doing hitchhiking?  Don’t you realize how dangerous that is?  Anybody could pick you up and no one would ever see you again.  How could you do something so stupid?”

“I was tired and had a long way to go.  I’ve done it before and I’m still here.”

“Well then girl you’ve been lucky. I have half a mind to pull over and put you over my knee and spank the living daylights out of you for being so reckless. You know what, I think I will.”

 He pulled off to the side where there was a cattle crossing.

“What are you doing?”

“I have threatened to spank you many times since we met and each time you taunt me about it, well this time I am following through.”

Does he or doesn't he?  I'll never tell, at least not here.  Anyway, come by tomorrow for another new story.  This one has a New Year's theme.  Until then, see you later on Aimless Ramblings.

14 comments:

  1. Dang Sunny you are such a tease! Love this snippet. My bet is that he does, but not without a fight on his hands!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not reading it as I haven't started your book yet:( Will I ever find the time.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - being sick this week helped in that respect. lol

      Delete
  3. It was such a fun story! I am glad I got to read and to share my thoughts on my blog too!

    hugs
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again. Can I ask a favor - would you consider going over to Amazon and giving it a rating. Would really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. I just finished it. The family was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah, happy you enjoyed the Colburne's. I am going to ask you also if you would consider going over to Amazon and provide a rating. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Butterflies for her I bet! Yikes! I know he is not a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he's showing his frustration at her stubborness. Gee, that never happens to me, how about you?

      Delete
  6. Hi Sunny, I've read it, loved it.
    love Jan,.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, glad you enjoyed. Going to ask you too if you would consider going over to Amazon and writing a review. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. Darn blogger must have been hungry...I know I left a message here! He can only 'threaten' so many times...guess she pushed too far? I have got to find time to read this!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you find the time and think it was worth it when you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day