Saturday, October 12, 2013

SATURDAY SPANKINGS








Thank you everybody for last week's warm welcome. It's great to be among such talented writers, I feel very humbled.

Living the Dream is a story about a couple meeting and working through the trials and tribulations of a new relationship and David's strategy for resolving their differences.

When last we left The Devlins, David was warning Blair to calm down after he dropped the bomb he had invited people over for a New Year’s Day brunch. Blair went ballistic before he even had a chance to explain he planned on having the whole thing catered. She had forgotten her daughter Nora was in the back seat of the car and witness to her disrespect and foul language.


“I am sorry for flying off the handle that way in front of Nora, I forgot she was in the back seat.”

...“You do know you are getting a spanking, don’t you? … Now go upstairs and meet me in the bathroom. Maybe this little talk will make you think before you fly off the handle.”

...He told her he was going to “soap her mouth” for her foul language and then he would spank her.

He led her to the bedroom and told her to sit down on the bed.  He removed his belt and that is when Blair started to cry.  “Please, please David.  Not the belt.”

The above is from Living the Dream and you can get it here.

 Lonesome Oak Ranch is also available here or through Amazon.com.

Now, please continue enjoying snippets from these other great authors by clicking below.




42 comments:

  1. Yikes the belt! Great tid bit for us Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'd take a thousand strappings over a mouth soaping any day! Poor Blair really is getting a baptism of fire. Great tease, I'd like to see what happens next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be surprised what happens next, but I can't give all of it away here. It's in the book. lol

      Delete
  3. I'm still in sympathy with her over the unexpected guests. He deserves to be spanked for springing it on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he probably does, but he thought he had everything in hand, in more ways than one.

      Delete
  4. Great snippet Sunny. Poor Blair, mouth soaping and the belt! I have to agree with Cara too LoL

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too sympathize with Blair and probably would have reacted the same way on such short notice. My heart goes out to her while she endures the soaping. It takes forever for that taste to go away.
    I feel so sorry for her butt, but there's just something about David pulling his belt off... I like it!
    Great snippet, PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I would have. The soaping stinks for sure but I'm with you. Just the whoosing sound of the betl coming out of the loops, does it for me.

      Delete
  6. As soon as I hear belt, I'm in.. But I can see her POV! Ok, yes, he was having it catered but still… I'm waffling…belt…surprise party…belt..ok belt wins… :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. But she could have handled it better, I wouldn't have, but she could.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure that the anticipation of the belt will make her melt in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's that anticipation that gets you every time. The event can actually be anticlimatic sometimes.

      Delete
  8. The thought of mouth soaping makes my toes curl and then the anticipation of the belt on - that put it over the top. Great Snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the belt! That wasn't supposed to be my reaction, right? The soaping sucks though, poor Blair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like quite the little new year's surprise for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say, what happens on New Year's is a precurser of the year to come.
      Surprise, surprise.

      Delete
  11. She's in for it now... the belts coming off. Nice snippet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the belt is on the bed in plain sight.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  12. I just want to say that this book is terrific, Sunny and I think you wrote it with me in mind!!!

    In fact, and I have my hand on my heart here, I have bookmarked some passaged to read out to Dan because I think they could be very helpful to him.

    However, having at long last witnessed a belt - you can keep it! I'll take a bath brush any time!

    Hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami, I think that's the best compliment ever.

      I will keep the best and want nothing to do with the bathbrush. Definitely different strokes for different folks.

      Delete
  13. I feel sorry for her too about the guests, but I feel worse about the soap. YUCK! Can she just get the belt maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answer is in the book, lol

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. a mouth soaping and the belt? wow. lovely snippet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uh oh, soap and the belt. Great snippet Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no!
    A soaping, a belting, and last minute guests!
    Great snippet!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Thanks Emily for dropping by. Deployment, very interesting.

      Delete
  18. I'm with Tara-- belt over soap any day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's what she said, what does she know?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yum. A lot of pop in a few short sentences! I love the helplessness of the sorry and soon-to-be-sorrier Blair; the masterful, matter-of-fact peremptoriness of David. And I want to read more.

    So I will! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and the support. Glad you enjoyed.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day