Wednesday, October 16, 2013

In With the New

Good Morning, well at least it is morning as I am writing this.  I've been busy.  As I've said many times I am not a technical person.  There are certain things I know how to do and  have no idea about others.  That being said, this weekend I launched a new blog post named Sunny Girl's Fiction and a Facebook page under the name of Leigh Smith If you do find it and there are some strange things there, just ignore them.  If you continue reading you will know why.

 I can't figure out how to make the FB look the way I want. Frustration took over and I stopped before I did damage to myself, the computer or others (namely Ray). I want to make it look pretty but it is beyond my technical skills, at least for now. It will continue to be a work in progress.

The reason for these sites is to primarily promote my books as well as those of friends and to leave Aimless Ramblings just as it is, Aimless Ramblings.  My stories will continue to be posted here, at least until the characters in my head say "ENOUGH".  Occasionally, I will post a new story on the other site and bring it over here, but not often.  You can visit the Saturday Spankings posts at the new site starting October 26th.

That's it for today.  See you later on Aimless Ramblings.


22 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Impressive!
    Congrats on moving along with technology!
    I'm glad you'll still be here!
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Sunny Girl! (I mean, Leigh). I'm glad you created a Leigh Smith because I can never remember her name!! Now it will stick for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sunny,

    You have been busy! How exciting, congrats on the new blog! I'm no good with technology either.

    I'm glad you are also staying put here and love the new look :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating a new blog and Facebook page will keep a person frustrated and busy! I know how you feel, I am not very techno savy myself. Congrats on your book and moving forward with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frustrated definitely. It's a good thing I don't get paid, I would end up owing money. lol

      Delete
  5. Silly me, in the past if you had asked me what's the hardest thing a writer has to do I would have said 'writing'. Who knew that was the easy part? Promoting is the most confusing thing in the world - I understand the concept, but the new sites, FB, goodreads, tweets, hashtags, worrying I'm going to look stupid because I don't understand it all or unintentionally saying or doing something wrong. I'm ready to kick Cassie's butt, she has the easy part!

    All that said I'm glad we are going through all this together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you said, Who Knew. I have the sites, not sure what to do with them. Have no idea what to do with goodreads.

      Delete
  6. How very brave of you, Sunny. I wouldn't dare try to use Facebook.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hermione, if you won't tackle FB, I am in big trouble.

      Delete
  7. I love the new look and blog! :-) Great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excited for you....I am actually supposed to be sleeping....however I am hopping over to your new author blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go to bed already, there is nothing there worth losing sleep over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are all so clever! But I am admitting right now, up front, that I still have to think of you as Sunny, and PK because my mind is not able to get around 'multi thinking'!

    It is all very exciting and it seems to be moving so quickly! Suddenly I have all these friends who are authors! Golly!

    Many hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling I am no clever when it comes to this. You have no idea how long this took me and it is still not right. I want to be Sunny Girl here and Leigh ont he other. Hermione, bless her heart, is trying to help me.

      I think all of us here are writers, it's just that all of us have not tried publishing yet. You could definitely be one of them Ms. Ami.

      Delete
  11. Oh congrats Sunny, May I recommend Willie as technical assistant, I think I would have just given up a while ago on the technical stuff. Btw she is free too!! I will never do face book though not ever I am well past all that malarkey, blogging is my limit,lol
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hermione has taken me this far, she has been my guru, but thanks for the suggestion.

      As I have said before, I am not technical and it takes me ten times longer than the normal person. As to the FB page, it's there but now I have no idea what to do with it. I just keep hoping someone will pop up and give me the answer. lol.

      Delete
  12. Hey Sunny...so excited for you and for me...more new stories! :-D

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day