Friday, October 25, 2013

A Big Day



Today is the two year anniversary of this blog. 

I looked back at what I posted last year and nothing much has changed.  Life is still good, and we are still roaming the western United States.  I keep thinking I am ready to settle and just about the time I start looking at places, I change my mind again.  This summer here has been beautiful and I truly thought maybe this is it, we will stay here in this area of California.  We leave here on Sunday and I am ready to go.  So I guess I’m either not ready or this is not the place.

I look at the life of our daughter and her family and it is a constant whirlwind. We get tired watching and I don’t think I could do that all the time.  We will see them at Christmas in Arizona and then be back here next May for the summer. Our life is not filled with a great deal of drama or chaos, just normal life.  As I look and read about others, I know we lead a charmed life.  We are healthy, happy, have a great daughter and son-in-law, grandchildren, family and friends, and each of us has a great spouse (lol). God has been and continues to be very good to us.

I thank you for coming by and visiting. I enjoy starting my day with all of you. With the exception of my stories, my posts are pretty vanilla so it amazes me that you keep visiting.  I love that you are part of my life and I am part of yours even though we will never meet. I hope you continue to do so because you fill a place in my heart and life. Coming across this community (family) has been one of the great accidents of my life. As I've said before you have given me great insights, some laughs, some tears, some head shaking but most of all friendship and acceptance.

Spank and Treat begins today so be sure to visit all the authors that are participating. Apparently I put in my bid too late this year, but maybe next. I had already written a story so I decided I to post it today.  If you hop over to visit my Sunny Girl's Fiction blog, you'll find the story.  I’ll also have a giveaway to the lucky person whose name is drawn.  So please, go by and visit. Be sure to leave a comment so your name can be added to the drawing.  That will be my birthday present to you.  Yup, today is also my birthday, so guess what that means.



Again, thank you for your friendship and see you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Blogaversary and birthday sunnygirl!

    I am glad to have you as a part of my life.
    Hope you had a lovely birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A double celebration ... hooray! Happy Birthday Sunny! and Happy Blogavirsary! I hope Ray and family spoil you rotten and that you have a wonderful day. Ooh, a birthday spanking! LoL

    I am so glad you are here and that you are a part of my life too. I very much enjoy visiting here and always look forward to receiving your comments. Thank you for the wonderful support, encouragement and advice you have given me.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary Sunny! You don't know how happy I am that you're here. I'm looking forward to your story - I'll be reading after work today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh happy happy bloggivarsay and happy happy birthday :) I'm glad you have this blog, I love coming over and reason your stories and also reading about your adventures across America :)

    Hugs to you and I hope you've had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great birthday and blogiversary my sunny friend!
    Love, Bea

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW..a double celebration! Happy blogiversary and happy happy birthday!!!!! You are an important part of our blogging world...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogiversary and Happy Birthday! I love both of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Everything Sunny, I am glad to come visiting
    love Jan.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy, Happy Birthday, SG and Happy Blogiversary. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

    It wouldn't be the same without you here.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post. So grateful to have you here! Happy Blogiversary and Happy Birthday! :-) I will definitely check out the story! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have had a wonderful birthday and blogiversary Sunny! I love coming to visit here and at your new blog. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well happy anniversary! And happy moving again (as it sounds like you are happy about that as well)
    Hope everything goes smoothly for you and I look forward to reading more!

    Sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone for your good wishes. We had a great time and I'll catch up with everyone soon .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day