Sunday, April 21, 2013

Have you ever?



Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, surely, I can't look that old.  Well, if so, you will love this:

  I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with  a new dentist.  I noticed his DDS diploma which bore his full name.  Suddenly I remember a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name that had been in my high school class some thirty odd years ago.  Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on way back then?  Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, gray haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan City High School


"Yes,  I did.  I am a Mustang he said as he gleamed with pride.


"When did you graduate?" I asked


He answered, "In 1975. Why do you ask?


" You were in my class," I exclaimed.


"He looked at me closely and then, that












UGLY, OLD, BALD, GREY-HAIRED, DECREPIT SOB asked 







"WHAT DID YOU TEACH ?"




$$#%^#%#%#^#^#^#^^&$^@((%&%(#(#*($$*#(#@W@@)$(%






Wow, I graduated high school in 1962.  I don't even want to think about what my classmates look like.   Myself , I have a portrait of Dorian Grey in my closet so I look the same.


Another story up tomorrow, come by and visit.  Until then, see you later on more Aimless Ramblings.







23 comments:

  1. Where can I get one of those pictures, sunnygirl? lol This gave me a great chuckle - needed it after today, thanks :)

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!!! Just the other day I ran into a guy I graduated with. After I realized it was him, I recognized him. But I wouldn't have recognized him had I not known it was him. He recognized me right away, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL!!!! That is too funny!
    You're right... Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a kick out of it too. I am sure we've all been there.

      Delete
  4. Loooool that was funny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still laughing about the joke, very, very good indeed

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed. It's scary but I'm pretty sure it's true.

      Delete
  6. very funny...though in real life if that happened I would be crying... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be a heck of a lot funnier if it wasn't so darn true! At my last reunion there looked to be a 40 year age difference swing between the youngest and oldest looking and I know we all had to be within a year or two of the same age. I think I looked like I was in about the middle so I guess I can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't been to a reunion and haven't seen any of my classmates for over 40 years so have idea if I would recognize any of them.

      Delete
  8. Too funny, Sunny! :) Rob and I were just talking about the fact that we are definitely getting older now, and that lots of the really smart, well educated doctors look like babies to us. Thanks for the laugh! Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doctors, dentists policemen, firemen are all children now and they give out driver's licenses to kids at 13 years old now. LOL

      Delete
  9. Funny story, but too true. Recently I was at an event where I saw people that I have seen occasionally over the years and thought about how some of them have aged ... then realized they are probably thinking the same about me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, sunnygirl,this one is good. Still laughing ...lol...




    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this!! I was at the store today and the cashier asked me if I was over a certain age....? I laughed and said ugh yea...quite a bit. I am sure she was just being nice. LOL
    I'll be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. See you then. Hope you had a good weekend, rain free.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dang...had to laugh even as I cringe. Haven't seen many of my classmates...stay in touch with those who are my friends but not going to attend reunions just to look at a bunch of old people that couldn't possibly have been in my class! ;)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day