Sunday, January 27, 2013

An Epiphany

It rained and rained yesterday.  So out of the ordinary for Arizona.  It was desperately needed, they were so far behind in rainfall for the year, season, whatever.  It's usually brown in this part of the state but after the freeze of last week, it's even browner, if that's possible.  This rain should go a long way to greening things up a little until the heat of the summer takes its toll. I love the sound of rain falling on the roof.  I always want to cuddle up with a good book and a roaring fire. The roaring fire was out but I found  a good book on my Kindle.  I thought I might even get hubby to play a game but he turned on the tv to the golf tournment and when that was fogged out, he turned on one of those shoot em up's he so fond of.  Guess I'm out of luck. 

I loved this joke.  I really laughed out loud.  It must be the cynic in me.



My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.

He has his food prepared for him.

His meals are provided at no cost to him.

He visits the Dr. once a year for his checkup, and again during the year, if any medical needs arise.

For this he pays nothing, and nothing is required of him.

He lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than he needs, but he is not required to do any upkeep.
If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up.
He has his choice of luxurious places to sleep.
He receives these accommodations absolutely free.
He is living like a king, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever.
All of his costs are picked up by others who earn a living.
I was just thinking about all this and suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks.........





My dog is a CONGRESSMAN !!!!!!!


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings. Make it a great day and be sure to stop by  tomorrow for this week's story.







26 comments:

  1. LoL, thanks for the laugh Sunny. There's nothing like cuddling up with a good book, or with a loved one :) and listening to the rain

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Roz. Good luck with getting back to the "salt mines".

      Delete
  2. I hear the dog snoring. That's a familiar sound when you follow the political debate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny! ... and sadly true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! We were talking the other day about a congressman's "job"! Don't get me wrong, I laughed! But it would much funnier if it didn't have so much truth to it... Thanks for the giggle this morning

    hugs

    P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love giggles. It's what I often do when I listen to the politicians, then I shake my head and wonder in which world they live.

      Delete
  5. At least our dogs give us unconditional love and are protective of us. and they're a lot less expensive to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL..I should have, but I did not see it coming.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. lmao! That is totally awesome.
    Though I do wonder if perhaps my dogs provide somewhat more of a service--they bark when people show up, and are willing to keep me warm on cold mornings lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, the dogs provide more of a service. They actually care about you and not their 15 minutes of fame.

      Delete
  8. We have a cat who snores! The joke was very good - I'll simply exchange 'congressman' for 'politician'. They both fit! Hugs, Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear it is the same there. Can't wait to get your good news tomorrow.

      Delete
  9. LOL Sunny. Great joke...haven't heard that one before. At least my dog loved and protected me which is more than I can say about any congressman. ;)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always glad when I can slip one in on you. Truer words were never spoken.

      Delete
  10. We support a few congressman around here, as well as the cats - who, by their swagger I will guess are more like oil lobbyists.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swagger and brag and spew the hot air everywhere. Most of them are very good at it.

      Delete
  11. Omg!! I was at a funeral yesterday, and this would have fit the general consensus!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you see some action soon. I liked the joke, but it would have been even better if it hadn't been so true!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day