Friday, January 18, 2013

A Life Sentence

Things have been pretty quiet around here.  It's finally warmed up, thank heavens. It
was actually warm enough to enjoy being outside today. Went to the movies again the other day. We've been to more movies in the last two months than in the last two years.  Yesterday I saw Promise Land.  I enjoyed it.

Finally had some at home fun over the weekend. We turned the heater up all the way but I was pretty warm in no time.  I commented to someone that I think hubby took his team's loss frustration out on my tush.  It could have been because it was the first connection of the new year but it was stingy.  We hadn't forgotten the dance steps either.

It's hard to believe we're coming up to two months here next week and next month it will be a year in the RV.  Doesn't seem possible.  The funny part is I am starting to get antsy about moving on.  I guess we're not ready to settle someplace just yet. I really don't think it will be in Arizona.  My mind just keeps drifiting to Texas. Could it be any colder than it was here, I don't know.  I would love So. California but it's so darned expensive and the kids aren't even there anymore. Where they are now is not all that warm in the winter either.  As a matter of fact, on a street not too far from their house I saw a road sign that said "ICY".  Scared the heck out of me. Of course, the weather has been so strange everywhere who knows what will happen next year.

Wow, I really am just rambling on here aren't I.  Sorry.  Here's a funny that should  provide a laugh.  I know I did.

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband is not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee. 'What's the matter, dear?' she whispers as she steps into the room, 'Why are you down here at this time of night?’ The husband looks up from his coffee, 'It's the 20th Anniversary of the day we met'.



She can't believe he has remembered and starts to tear up. The husband continues, 'Do you remember 20 years ago when we started dating? I was 18 and you were only 16,' he says solemnly. Once again, the wife is touched to tears. 'Yes, I do' she replies. The husband pauses. The words were not coming easily. 'Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?' 'Yes, I remember' said the wife, lowering herself into the chair besidehim. The husband continued. 'Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter or I will send you to prison for 20 years?' 'I remember that, too' she replied softly. He wiped another tear from his cheek and said "I would have gotten out today

Make it a great day and see you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

33 comments:

  1. Oh my! Totally funny!
    Was it 20 years from them being 16 and 18? If so than that are just 36 and 38!!
    Why in the world am I worrying about people in a joke?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would you worry about the ages of people in a joke? Just wonderin'

      Delete
  2. Time goes by quickly. Almost a year in the RV, and not ready to settle anywhere yet. Who would have thought?
    Is it terribly mean from me, when I hope his team loses often?

    You tell some wicked jokes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly not me Bas. Don't have to worry about it until next season.

      Delete
    2. Time sure does fly and not yet ready to settle. As I said, glad we made this decision based on how I feel now.

      Good news and bad news on the team. They don't play again until next year. We'll have to find another reason to amuse ourselves.

      Delete
  3. Terrible, but so funny. Thanks Sunny :)

    Wow, a year in the RV, time flies! Here's to warmer tempretures and first connections for the year :) I don't know whether to hope hubby's team loses more often or not? LoL

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 365 days of togetherness and both of us are still alive. It has been more normal, thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. lmao.

    You're lucky you found a warm spot!
    When I got on the computer this morning I discovered that my husband had been googling jobs in Hawaii lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to provide a laugh. Finally, for the warm spot. Hawaii sounds awfully nice. Will you get to go if he gets the job.

      Delete
  5. That was good sunnygirl! I'm glad you are a bit warmer. It's only half way through January and I'm done with winter. Better grab me some patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie. Yes it's warmer. I know what you mean about winter. When we lived in colder climes I used to hate February because I was done.

      Delete
  6. Smile~thanks Sunnygirl and you guys have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...heard that one before, but still funny. This weather is totally crazy, can't count on warm weather anyplace it seems. Glad about the 'reconnect'. Have a good weekend.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great weekend too. Don't forget to ask?

      Delete
  8. A whole year in a camper?! You are so brave. I hear that in the US the camping sites are modern and complete with every comfort. So do you ever stop in quiet places or is it not safe? Like by lakes and in forests etc? I'm intrigued.

    The thought of winter that isn't cold and wet would do me nicely. However, I have now got my wish for snow. It looks so pretty, but very cold and icy. Not so good when you have trouble with your co-ordination!

    I do love the joke. I agree with Minelle as I sat and worked out the years in my head too. Now why would we do that?! You do forget how quickly the years are going by though don't you? I'm fighting it every step of the way!

    Many hugs, Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about brave but it was easier thank I thought it would be and I like it more than I expected which is why we are still in it. There are some great campgrounds and even nice places in the woods, forest, etc.

      Years go by like minutes any more. Keep fighting it off.

      Delete
  9. Wow Sunny, almost a year in the RV? I can so identify with someplace warm but then again, I am not a fan of super hot weather either. Guess there's just no pleasing some people. ;)

    Thanks for the joke, it's funny and sad at the same time.

    So happy you were able to connect with some fun and dancing! Wishing more this weekend.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 76 today, just perfect if it would just stay that way. It is funny and sad. I love the fun and dancing - want more of both, football only one day this weekend. Hope for us.

      Delete
  10. Sunny,
    As you wander, don't forget NC - we have 4 different seasons here (thought we still complain about our summers and winters, they really aren't bad). FYI, the house across the street from us is for sale!

    I told Nick that 20 years was the cut off - if he wanted out it had to be before 20 years or he was stuck for life. Of course, I didn't tell him this until our 25th anniversary.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so nice that you would tell me about a house in your neighborhood. I love your comment to Nick. So you.

      Delete
  11. Wow, a year in the RV, that's awesome! Liking the new background Sunnygirl:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Warmth? What's that? Well, at least the sun is out today. Winter here always goes by too slowly for me I'm afraid. So, you're not ready to settle somewhere yet? That doesn't strike me as a bad thing. I hope you have a great weekend Sunny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I hate winter which is why I don't do "winter" any more.

      Not yet, and it's not a bad thing. I am sure eventually something will reach out and hook us in.

      You have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  13. SG,

    12 month in the RV, seems like it was only a couple of months ago when you started on your travels. I've enjoyed travelling with you. Thanks.

    Thanks for the laugh, Have a fun weekend.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie - time moves by so quickly I can't believe it either.

      Have a fun weekend too.

      Delete
  14. Thanks for the smile. Quite an adventure you are having traveling in the RV. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well,now I have the mad giggles, lol. Poor man :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a wicked joke. Ian always says jokingly about a particularly irritating brother, "I should have just killed him that time he burned my fort (he always inserts a different offence: that time he totalled by mini bike, when he ran over my banana bike with the tractor etc.), I was just a kid, a few years in juevie, some counselling and I would be a free man today......"

    Love that you and hubby are exploring America, picking where you want to be....when Ian and I are 55, our youngest will be nearly completed her undergraduate degree and God willing everything continues on schedule with business and health, we have decided to take off winters starting then, and begin to look for the place we want to eventually settle.... ahhhh

    Until then, Sunny I will read your travels with envy. :)
    hugs sweetie
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lillie, I have to tell you hubby and I were just saying that purchasing this motor home was one of the best decisions we ever made. We would have settled here and while it's okay it's not where I want to live, at least now now. Don't laugh, because I'm one of them, but too many old people.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day