Monday, March 21, 2016

Monday's Spanking Story


Hello spring, it's such a beautiful time of year.  I love watching the dormant trees take on their mantle of green, the flowers showing us their beautiful faces.  Even the birds take on a more joyful sound as they fly around calling for a mate or gathering makings for a new home if they've already found that mate.  Soon we'll be seeing Mama Quail with her babies scampering behind like a game of Follow the Leader.  Anyway, I hope spring has sprung where you are and for those of you on the other side of the world, enjoy fall with its very own wonders.

As I said last week, this is the last installment of FFE.  I can hear the comments now but end it as you will.

Click here to read from the beginning.

When Monday morning arrived, Katrina had made her decision.  She arrived at work earlier than normal and was surprised to find people already at work.

“Good Morning, Katrina.  I’m happy to see you here.  How was your weekend and are you feeling better.”  Don Kostas asked as he poked his head into her cubby.

“I am feeling better, thank you.  I’ve had better weekends, though.  How was your weekend?”

“Like you, I’ve had better weekends.  Are you ready to tackle a new project?”

“You might want to rethink that.”  She handed him a letter.   He carefully opened the envelope and didn’t seem that surprised to find her letter of resignation.  “Are you sure about this, Katrina?”

“Yes.  I hate the thought of leaving FFE but after careful consideration, I felt it is the best decision for me.”

He sidled up beside her and whispered in her ear.  “Because of what happened at Wink.”

“Partly, but there are extenuating circumstances.”

“Okay then, FFE’s usual booth at Mallory’s, tonight at 8:00  The usual work crowd should be gone by then and we can discuss this further."

“Sounds good.”

“I still want you to take a look at the new project and you can give me your thoughts. I’ll hold onto this until then,” he said as he put the letter in his jacket pocket.

                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katrina went to her cubby and listened to her messages and tackled the mountain of paperwork that had accumulated since she left the previous Thursday.  Her growling stomach was sending her a message and when she looked at her watch it was already 3:30.   Grabbing the folder Don had given her that morning, she went to the breakroom for something to nosh. 

She poured herself some coffee and grabbed a packet of snack crackers from the machine.  She opened the folder and almost spit out the coffee the mouthful she had just sipped.  There, in front of her, was the blueprint for her future at FFE.  FFE was taking on a project near and dear to her heart and she was being given the opportunity to be in on the ground floor.  Was she willing to throw this away?    ‘Damn him,’ she exclaimed outloud. 

“Pardon me.”  Katrina whipped around to see a tall, handsome man standing next to the machine.

“I’m sorry.  I thought I was alone,” Katrina told him.

“I’m happy to hear that because I didn’t think I’d be damned already.  After all, I just started today.”

“Welcome aboard.  I think you’ll like FFE, it’s a great place to work.”  She extended her hand to him.  “I’m Katrina Lambert.”

“Nice to meet you, Katrina.  I’m Lucas Donahue.”  She noted the smoothness of his skin and the well manicured nails as they shook hands.  ‘Get a grip, girl.’

“So Lucas, where are you from?  I can’t help but notice your accent.”

“It always gives me away.  I’m originally from Ireland and the lilt never disappears.  I guess it’s the piece of Ireland that always stays with me.”

“Well, it’s charming and I can’t imagine why you would want to lose it.”  He had the look of mischief about him and when he smiled at her remark, the smile went all the way to crisp blue eyes that twinkled.

“Well, I better get back to work, shouldn’t sluff off on my first day here. Nice meeting you Katrina.  I’m sure we’ll bump into each other again.”

“Bumping into you will be a pleasure, Lucas.”  She gave him her best smile and couldn’t believe herself, here she was flirting with a new employee.  A damned good-looking one at that - one she wouldn’t mind getting to know on a more intimate basis.  What the hell is going on with me?  She finished her crackers and went back to work.  Her mind constantly wandered toward Lucas and she had to find out more about him.

She Googled him and found him on LinkedIn.  The most important thing she learned was that he was unattached.  He came from a wealthy family, had attended school in England and moved to America ten years ago.  She was still digging when her phone buzzed, indicating a text. 

“I’m at Mallery’s, are you coming?”  She texted Don back that she was just finishing up and would be over shortly.  She couldn’t believe she was so engrossed finding out about Lucas Donahue she had completely lost track of time. 

When she arrived, Don was sitting at their ususal table.  “What kept you so late? I was beginning to think you changed your mind about meeting.”

“I was trying to catch up and lost track of time.”  It was funny, she wasn’t the least bit nervous around Don – nada, nothing, nil.  She was glad Don said he would hold onto her letter of resignation because right now she saw no reason she couldn’t continue at FFE.

Don ordered her a drink.  “So we’re back to where everything started, aren’t we?”

“Well, not quite, Don.  But we are here at Mallery’s having a drink.  I looked at the new project.  I’m impressed and overwhelmed you would want me to work on it with the other heavy hitters.”

“Does that mean you don’t want to hand in your letter of resignation?”

“Yes, it does and thank you for that.”

“You’re welcome.  There are conditions, however.”

“What conditions?”

“I don’t know what you expected after last Thursday, but Martin the Masked Man and Miranda are over.   Shame on me but the lines became too blurred.  I had an attraction to you and let it get in the way. From now on it’s strictly business."

She blushed and nodded her head in agreement.  The server came to take their order when Don told her they were waiting for someone to join them.  Katrina was startled and Don explained he wanted her to meet someone.  “I wanted to get our conversation out of the way first, so I asked him to join us later.”  He looked up.  “Here he comes now.”

Katrina turned around to see Lucas Donahue walk toward them.

“Lucas meet Katrina Lambert.”

“We already bumped into each other earlier.  How was the rest of your afternoon, Kat?”

“My name is Katrina, not Kat.”   

“I see the cat has claws.  Forgive me, I’m always assigning nicknames.” Lucas said.

Katrina smiled and Don spoke up.  “You know that sometimes claws get clipped but let’s not start out on the wrong foot. You might be interested to know Katrina that Lucas and I have known each other for years.  We met when I bought the club from him.”

Even in the dimness of the establishment, Katrina was sure he could see her red face.  She couldn’t think of a thing to say.

Don turned his attention to Lucas.  “What do you think so far?”


“I think things are going to work out just fine, don’t you Katrina?”

The hairs on the back of Katrina's neck were standing on end.  "I think it's going to be very interesting."


See you later for more Aimless Rambling.

19 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Spring weather Sunny and all that comes with it.
    That was an unexpected twist in the end of FFE. I'm surprised Don dumped Katrina so quickly though. Well hopefully Katrina can find happiness with Lucas, we can only imagine what will happen. Thanks for sharing another great story.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stories that are open ended, it let's your imagination run wild. Happy you enjoyed.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, I thought the story was going to end at her resignation. She is not my favourite "heroine", bit too easy for my liking, lol
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you wouldn't want Katrina on your friend list. HaHA - She is young and still feeling her way - she'll get it soon enough.

      Delete
  3. What a clever twist, Sunny, loved it.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always a bit sad when your stories come to an end. But this time I think I see a sequel in the future. Thanks, Sunny!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never say never is my motto - just like James Bond.

      Delete
  5. Like it, SG.
    Thank you,
    Nu. låt fantasy flöda....
    smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to see you here Mona. I always chuckle when you approve. Din fantasi kan ta dig dit du vill åka.

      Delete
  6. Nice one SG. Thank you. I think there has to be a sequel. Please.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh...great twist, and of course I love that you left the door open...just in case..
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JIC indeed. Glad you liked the twist, had to make it a little interesting

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Not right now, but you never know. THe idea just popped into my mind that they are old and grey and it would be done as a retrospect. What do you think?

      Delete
  9. Ooh Sunny! I do like that twist. With you being so attracted to him, you could create a really hot story with Lucas and Kat. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the twist. I could and maybe I will.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day