Friday, March 11, 2016

ANSWERS


Another beautiful morning here in Arizona, it's still dark outside but not for long.  DST for a lot of you this weekend, right?   Arizona doesn't do DST so now I have to get used to the time differences again for friends and family so that I'm not calling them at 5:00 AM. Some tend to get grumpy - I know I do. 

Yesterday, I asked for questions and you delivered.  I am going to answer a couple today and then the rest in another post.

abby asked what made me start writing and did I do it as a youngster.  I started writing about four years ago.  I was an avid FF reader (lurker) and the first Thanksgiving after I started blogging I sent in a story to PK - and so it goes.

Have I visited every state in the US and is there one place I haven't, that's on my wish list? No, I've never been to Washington or Alaska.  I'd love to take a trip to Washington and Vancouver.
  1. an English Rose asked: How long I've been writing and have I written books in other genres?  As I said above, I've only been writing stories and books about four years.  Before that, it was only grants, proposals, and the usual business stuff.  I've not written books in other genres - I leave that to writers much better than  I.
  2. DelFonte asked what is life like now that your static?  Life is much busier now.  We're in an area that has many activities and lots to offer.  I find I'm out at least three and sometimes four days a week - not a lot of time for writing now.
  3. Do I miss the traveling?  No, I never liked the traveling.  I liked the places we went, if that make sense.  Traveling in an RV can be harrowing - there are some narrow roads, sudden lane changes, trying to stop on a dime when someone zips in front.  Those experiences can take the joy out of traveling.  Of course, on a wide open road with no other traffic, it was wonderful.  America has some beautiful scenery to keep you occupied. It's amazing to me how we are clustered in little pockets practically living on top of one another, yet, in some places you can travel for miles and miles and there is absolutely nothing but wide open spaces.

Minelle asked when Ray and I are apart is he more likely to place in the TTWD way upon my return?  Sadly no.  I get lots of kisses, hugs and swats though. Except for a few times, unless I initiated any spanking activity, it didn't happen. It's not in his makeup although he enjoys it when we do

Thanks for the questions and I'll answer the others on another day.  BTW, LSF has boxed up five of my western short stories and are offering them in "The Dominant Cowboy." 

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.







17 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers SG.

    How is Ray liking life in your new home, does he miss travelling?
    One item on your bucket/wish list.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie, Ray does miss the traveling but he knows I'm happier, so he is happy for me.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, I think it must be nice to be in one place. I am a real home bird. Nice answers
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've driven up the western states and open roads are amazing and beautiful scenery. There were quite a few RVs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that drive along Rte 1 is heaven on earth. There's another breathtaking scene around every curve.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the answers...hard to believe you have been writing for only 4 years....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up on PK's site. It was Thanksgiving, 2011 - just over 4 years.

      Delete
  5. You do seem to have so much more experience. I am surprised at that response. I will start reading your short stories tonight. I do love a cowboy story, Sunny.

    Ella Glad It Is Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, I think. Hope you enjoy the stories.

      Delete
  6. Loved reading your answers Sunny and surprised you've only been writing for four years.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked reading your answers.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great answers, Sunny. It's really is hard to believe that you've only been writing four years. No DST...lucky you.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing about DST that affects me is remembering what time it is where everyone else is now. lol.

      Delete
  9. I am glad you are settled and enjoying your new home. wonderful to read your answers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day