Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Catching Up

We had a lovely Easter, hope you did too.  Now the kids have gone and the house seems so quiet and lonely. It was so nice having them here.  The grands have gotten so tall and the oldest is so man-like - he has manners and everything.  Time goes so darn fast - it seems like only yesterday we were awaiting his arrival into this world.

They are looking into colleges and we'll meet them again for lunch tomorrow before they head back home. Now its laundry and getting ready to go play nursemaid.  I'm neither a good nurse nor patient so send me all the positive thoughts you can.

Everything seems to be happening at once.  Finding Love at the Trail's End is my latest book and it came live yesterday.  See the cover on the side. It's a period western and here's a blurb. Lily Rose Cochrane grew up the spoiled daughter of a prosperous midwestern couple. That is, until she was fifteen.  Then her life changed dramatically.  Her mother passed and her father turned to the bottle leaving her to pick up the pieces.

Feeling the weight of too many burdens placed on her young shoulders, she is looking for a way out.  She thinks she may have found it in Johnny Billings.  He’s a scout for a wagon train and is smitten with her. Unfortunately, he's not ready to make a commitment but Lily finds a way around his reticence.

What follows is the story of young love, loss and finding love again.

I really enjoyed writing this story and hope you'll enjoy reading it.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.




18 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, glad you had a wonderful Easter with the family. Congratulations on the new book! Yay, love the sound of this :)

    Wishing you the best looking after your friend. You are a wonderful friend for doing so.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny, You Easter sounds wonderful. Just bought your new book, looking forward to reading it.
    Good luck caring for your friend. Sending positive healing vibes over to you all.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easter was great, how about yours?
      You'll have to let me know if you enjoyed the book.

      Thanks for the positive vibes, we'll both need them.

      Delete
  3. You didn't tell me it would be out in time for my vacation. I'm getting it this morning before we head out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Amazon, it's always a surprise. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know how you felt.

      Enjoy the vacation.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sunny, oh nice a new book to recuperate with! I hope you get on okay with the nursemaiding! I would be hopeless too
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it helps you recuperate faster. lol.
      I am hopeless, just ask Ray.

      Delete
  5. Sunny Girl, it is great to see you had a lovely time. Enjoy writing.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you appy. Hope your holiday was good as well.

      Delete
  6. Happy you had such a lovely Easter visit. Congratulations on your new release...with such prolific friends, my TBR pile just keeps growing. ;) Wishing you safe travels and quick recovery for your friend.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your Easter was as great.
      Thanks for the congrats and I know what you mean about the TBR list.
      Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  7. Oh I can finally comment! Blogger hates my phone! grrr.....
    Great about the new book! I will be reading it!!
    Happy Easter was nice! Kids, darn....they grow up before we can turn around! I love and hate that!
    You will be wonderful with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried using the phone - I would probably be frustrated too.
      I know - time moves way too quickly. Blink your eye and you've missed months.
      I'm glad you think so.

      Delete
  8. Sunny,
    We need bigger announcements. I am going to Amazon right now. I love your books.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you had a great Easter catch-up. And gratz on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lovely Easter with the grands and all, Sunny! :) Whoa! A new book! I am so so behind... LOVE all your books and I will head over and get myself a copy. It sounds like a great read! Awesome and congratulations! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have been out of town, so I am a bit late to the party. Take good care of your friend, Sunny. Your nickname is very fitting. I am sure you bring sunshine to everyone who knows you.

    Perhaps you will have some time to write as well. Love the new book!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day