Monday, June 15, 2015

Making Her Case

Hello, everyone.  If you read PK's post yesterday, you know we are a week away from our girlie beach vacation.  I'm so ready.  I was talking with Ray this AM, and he jokingly said that maybe he didn't want me to go.  I laughed because he wants some time away from me as much as I do from him. 

In addition to the news I shared the other day about the new short book release, The Cowboy Finds a Home,  "Love on the Ranch" is also available. "Love on the Ranch" is a boxed set that includes my last four books, so if you missed out on any of my latest western romances, they are now available in one place.  Not only that, but Ray surprised me yesterday with a quick 'just because' hand spanking.  That hasn't happened in I don't know how long. 

Here is this week's story. Now I have to get writing  one for next Monday.   


Michael Connelly and Beth Madison were both lawyers who worked for the same law firm. Michael, a senior partner, had been watching Beth Madison for quite some time; not only professionally but also personally.  Although not one to fraternize with co-workers, Michael found himself more and more enamored of the beautiful Ms. Madison.  Tall and willowy with red hair, usually worn in a severe bun, the lightest blue eyes he'd ever seen, long legs and ass he'd love to grab.  If he spotted her, he wouldn't take his eyes off her until she turned, for the pure pleasure of watching that derriere sway under the confines of the pencil skirts she always seemed to wear.  His mind wandered, and his manhood rose. He pictured that red hair cascading down her back and shoulders, nipples erect under the well-tailored white silk blouse, the long slim skirt with a slit up to her thigh showing a hint of garter belt and hose wearing sky-high stiletto heels.  

One day, he and a colleague were meeting in Michael's office when Beth happened to pass by his open door.

"You going to do something about that?"  Michael's colleague asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Give me a break, You've been lusting after her for the last six months.  I'm surprised you don't have to visit the bathroom more often."

"Don't be so crude," Michael told him.

"Whose being crude, I'm only realistic."

"Shit, you're right, she stirs my blood."

"You're both single, why not ask her out?"

"I have this rule that I don't date colleagues."

"Why not?  Where else are you going to meet anybody, you spend all your time here?"

"I'm a Senior Partner and I don't want her to feel pressured or that I might be her stepping stone to that level."

"Get over yourself, there's how many other senior partners that have a say besides you.  Besides, she's a damn good lawyer and can get there on her ability, she doesn't need a stepping stone."

"You know how to deflate a guy's ego." Michael laughed but appreciated Jim's honesty.

Two weeks later, Michael approached Beth for a date.  He asked her to lunch thinking that it was safer than dinner.  If they didn't click, there would be no awkward moments at the end of evening as they stood at her door wondering what came next.

After several tries, they finally found a date they were both free.  He suggested 1:00 to avoid the lunch crowd and told her to pick a restaurant.  She chose Hashi's Sushi Bar.
It's not that he didn't like sushi, he did, but Hashi's only had counter service, great sushi but no little tables in the back where you could converse in private.  Hell, maybe she thinks this is a business lunch, I should have asked her to dinner.

She stood him up.  When he went to her office at 12:45 to collect her, her secretary said she wasn't there and hadn't heard from her.  Did he want her to check in with him when she returned?  He told her yes, to have her stop by his office.

A little pissed, but it could be court delayed her, or a client meeting and unable to make a call. It happened to the best of them.  He'd wait to hear her excuse.

About 4:15 there was a rap on his door.

"Come in?"

"Hi," she said.  "My secretary said you wanted to see me?"

Now he was pissed.  No, I'm sorry no explanation, just ‘you wanted to see me.

"Yes, I was expecting to see you at 1:00.  We had a lunch date."

"That's wasn't today, was it?"

"Yes, it was today.  It took us five tries to even come up with a mutually agreeable date. Today was it."  He tried keeping the snarl out of his voice, but he didn't appreciate being stood up.

"I'm sorry.  How can I make it up to you?"

"Look, Beth, I know this can be awkward because we work together.  If you don't want to go out with me, just say so, and I'll back off."

"No, it's not that. I wasn't sure whether this date was meant to be business or personal, and I truly did forget about it."

"Okay, so should we set another date?  Would you rather do dinner instead?"

"It's the least I can do.  Do you have plans for Friday night?"

He told her he was open, and they set the date and time.  "Don't stand me up again." He warned.

"If I do, you can punish me," she told him.  That set his mind off on an entirely different track.  Punishing her – what did she have in mind?  He knew where his thoughts went.  Across his lap,  panties around her knees, he pictured that cute little ass waiting for his attention with her most private parts winking at him.  He felt his heart rate increase and the blood starting to flow to his lower body.  "Down boy." He told himself.

"Shall I pick you up at home, or do you want to leave from here?

"Home, please" and she gave him her card with her home address on the back.


Taking into consideration, she chose sushi for lunch, he made a reservation at a Japanese restaurant, one a little more upscale than Hashi's.  It happened to be a favorite of his, and he reserved one of the small private dining rooms. He knew the owner and always took his best clients there, they seemed to enjoy the experience.  Servers, dressed in traditional Japanese dress, catered to your every need.

The doorman greeted him and told him he was expected and would announce his arrival. Minutes later, the concierge explained that Ms. Madison was running a bit late and would be down shortly.  Michael had cooled his heels for the next fifteen minutes before he asked the concierge to call her again. This time there was no answer, so Michael figured she was on her way down.  He waited another fifteen minutes and was writing a note to her when she entered the lobby.

"I'm sorry."

"I was just leaving you a note telling you I didn't like waiting and making me wait thirty minutes is rude and inconsiderate."

"I'm sorry."

"You seem to be sorry for many things. I know you must handle your professional life better."

"I do.  Maybe I need help in handling my personal life in a more organized manner."

He felt a twitch in his palm that traveled right down to his manhood.

"Maybe you do," he said.  "We have a reservation at Myashi's and because I am such a good customer they are holding it for us.  However, you will apologize to Yoshi when we arrive."

Beth felt a tingle all the way to her toes when he scolded her for her tardiness and then again when he told her she had to apologize.  Michael could be a man she couldn't walk over, she hadn't found many of those.  Once they knew her background, they'd fall all over themselves trying to please her. She usually tested her dates right at the outset; it saved a lot of time and hassle if they didn't measure up right away.  She didn't think she would be able to push Michael Madison a third time. Beth heard through the grapevine that he didn't date within the firm, so the fact he asked her out at all was a surprise.

"I will apologize to Yoshi and once again I'm sorry."
.
                              ______________________________________

They had a lovely evening.  Their shoji screened dining room, sitting among pillows around the low dining table, allowed them to relax and get to know one another.  Before the evening was over, they arranged another date for the following week.  She seemed nervous on the elevator ride up to her apartment.  At her door, she invited him in for a nightcap.

"Perhaps next time.  I'm out of town this week, but I'll be back in time for our date next Saturday.  If you can't make it you better call me and if you keep me waiting as you did tonight, you really will be sorry." He kissed her forehead, turned and walked out.

Two days later, there were flowers waiting for her at home, along with a card.

  Beth,

  Enjoyed our time together, looking forward to this Saturday.  Remember my warning.

                                                                         Michael

She kicked off her shoes, put the flowers in water and laid down on the couch thinking about this delicious man and just what it was he had that affected her psyche.  Of average height, dark hair and eyes, good physique, always impeccably attired, well-modulated voice, she didn't list one thing that would make him stand out in a crowd.  However, there was something, and she finally attributed it to his self-confidence.  He had an air about him that just oozed confidence, dominance, and sexuality.  From the way, he showed possession by placing his hand on her lower back, to the way he made his wishes known. No doubt a gentleman but one that wouldn't tolerate misbehavior.  She remembered seeing a poster on FB showing a good-looking suited man with the saying "I may be a gentleman, but it doesn't mean I don't spank".  She hoped it was true – she longed for that kind of man.

Now she had to think about how she played this Saturday night. Should she be late, should she be bratty or not play games at all and see how things played?  She decided on the later.

On Saturday evening, she waited for him in the lobby.  He smiled at her as he approached and kissed her cheek.  "Good girl," he whispered into her ear.

"Thank you for the flowers, they were lovely and appreciated."

"I'm glad you enjoyed them.  I made reservations for us a L'escargot.  Do you mind?"

"No, I like a man that takes charge."

He put that hand on her back that gave her the shivers as he guided her out of the building and into his waiting car.  Once again, they had a terrific evening, good food, great conversation, lots of laughter.  This time when he took her to the door and invited him in, he accepted.  She told him to make himself comfortable and excused herself telling him she would be right back.  He removed his jacket and loosened his tie as he walked around the room looking at photos, before sitting down on the couch.

"If you want a nightcap, help yourself," she called out.  He noted the bar and poured a snifter of brandy for himself.  "Shall I pour something for you?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine."  He whirled around and saw her attire. She stood before him with her hair loosened around her shoulders clad in a lacy bra with practically nothing panties, a garter belt and hose and those killer high heels she always wore.  "You most certainly are fine."

He went to take her in his arms and she alluded him.  He reached for her again, and once again she twirled away.  "You're naughty, and I have a remedy for naughty girls."  She grinned at him and pretended to run away knowing she was within arm's length.  He took her close to him, led her to the couch and pulled her down across his lap.  "Is this what you want?"

"Give the man a kewpie doll."  Michael softly laughed as he raised his hand and began living his fantasy.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

13 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this story Sunny; I don't know how you can come up with something new every week. Have a wonderful time in Vegas.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I'm not sure sometimes too.

      Not Vegas this time, the beach. We'll report when we return.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, aw nice story. I hope you have a lovely time on holiday
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed the story Jan. Thanks for the holiday wishes.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunny, really enjoyed this story and loved the interaction and teasing between them, Thank you for another wonderful story.

    Happy to hear Ray surprised you. Have a wonderful time away with PK and Katie.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the story and your welcome.

      I plan on having a great time.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed this especially from the guys perspective! Awesome!

    I wish I could win the lottery! You know where I would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish one of us did because I do know where you'd be. Glad you enjoyed the story.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sunny, wonderful story. Reading how Beth tested Michael was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed how he sticks to his principles. Yummy, thank you for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the story, NiNa. Thanks for the holiday wishes

      Delete
  6. Ah.....great story, a perfect match.....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another fun story Sunny. Hope you all have a great time at the beach...looking forward to reading all about it. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day