Sunday, May 19, 2013

Reverie on a Saturday Night

I am writing this post late Saturday evening.  The wind is blowing at 1000 mph but it is a warm wind and if I close my eyes I can pretend I am near water.  As my husband pointed out we are near water - he's right, but it is only a pond. The bull frogs are chirping and the cicadas are playing their tune.  So peaceful. It really is beautiful here, very pastoral, lots of green pastures, grazing horses, hawks, coyotes, bluebirds and within five minutes there is every store you could ever imagine.  It's an oasis.  Anyway, the evening reminds me of a tropical night.

Speaking of pond, there are about twelve Canadian Geese that have rented a space in the bottom pasture close to the pond. One of them had babies, four but now there are only three.  They are about two weeks old now and are getting so big.  Just love watching them.  They seem to know we are not about to hurt them are getting braver and closer to us every day.   Now Mr. and Mrs. Duck are joining them regularly.


Today, was a burn day and hubby and my brother managed to get rid of a pile that has been building for years. Mama Goose just herded the children out of harm's way and kept them away until the pile was reduced to burning embers. Such a good caregiver and protector.


Here's a little funny :


Sam walks into his boss's office. "Sir, I'll be straight with you, I know the economy isn't great, but I have over three companies very interested in me - they're constantly calling, and I would like to respectfully ask for a raise." After a few minutes of haggling the boss finally agrees to a 5% raise, and Sam happily gets up to leave.
"By the way," asks the boss as Sam is getting up, "which three companies keep calling you?" "If you must know," says Sam, "It's the electric company, water company, and phone company."


Anyway, enough of this.  Hope you have a great day and be sure to stop by tomorrow for a story.  It's a continuing chapter in the life of Ken and Melody.









See you later for more Aimless Ramblings. 

23 comments:

  1. Love the color green. I saw way too much brown living in the desert. I know it will only last for a few more weeks but I can still enjoy it for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that why we decided against AZ, although TX and CA get brown around June too.

      Delete
  2. It's fun to watch little duck/geese families. I like that they are warming up to you:) we have a quail family we watch, though they don't warm up.
    Like the funny, though a little too true, sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching the wildlife and feel so sorry that so many of them are being crowded out of their habitat.

      Delete
  3. LoL Sunny, wish that would work on my boss - too true! ... well, they don't keep calling but the bills seem to keep getting bigger and bigger!

    It sounds wonderful Sunny, things are rapidly cooler in the thick of autumn :( I love the geese family and that they are warming up to you. I love watching them with their young.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everything seems to go up except salaries.

      I do enjoy the babies, they are so cute. I love it when Momma spreads her wings and shepherds them back to the pond.

      Delete
  4. I love the wind. It is so peaceful to appreciate the the elements and the friends (geese) we meet along the way!
    Those companies are making lots of money lately aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always loved the wind too. I really enjoy nature.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sunny, :)

    Loved hearing about you being in such a peaceful place, surrounded by all kinds of nature. Always neat to watch animals and birds with their new little ones. It is strange that there can be beautiful green all around and then the mall thing just down the road, isn't it? And all the malls look exactly alike as far as stores go it seems! :)

    Thanks for the laugh this morning! Very cute! Hugs!

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, stores and restaurants. I don't care where we are they are all the same.

      Delete
  6. Watching mother nature at her best is such a wonderful thing..the wind, the animals taking care of their families, and the water...as a girl who practically grew up on the sands of the ocean there is nothing like it.
    Yeah, those 3 companies are pretty busy ,,,LOL!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sunnygirl. What a nice blog post.
    And thanks for your advice. I must try it with my bosses .. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pleasant place! Watching wildlife is such a treat. We have wild turkeys here and have had a mother with a batch of babies walk through our yard, but not regularly. Enjoy watching the goslings grow. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful. I so enjoy watching the wildlife.

      Delete
  9. LOL. That's a totally awesome funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where you are sounds beautiful, making me jealous again. Funny in the past those companies seemed to want me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. where you are is pretty nice too. Those companies are relentless.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing such a lovely mind picture Sunny...just be careful of Momma Goose. ;)

    Cute funny...those companies are after me for money every month...sheesh, pay 'em once...ya think that would be enough but no! they want money every month!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, they never give up. You would think they'd give us a break once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The description of where you are was beautiful. The wonders of nature and her beauty right at your feet... :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful and we are so lucky to be able to enjoy it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day