Saturday, December 22, 2012

THOUGHTS OF CHRISTMAS & OTHER RAMBLINGS


Christmas, Christmas Time is Here
Time for Laughter, Time for Cheer
I've been good but it can't last
Hurry Christmas, Hurry fast


This song kept running through my mind til I couldn't stand it anymore so I looked it up and found it was "The Chipmunk Song".  I know I'm dating myself here but I remember when it first came out.  We must have played that song 50 times, don't ask me why but it must have appealed to all of us.  Whenever I hear that song I think of my siblings, parents and I that Christmas Day.  Now it's umpteen years later and I can still picture us as we were then.

Yesterday, Bas used the Mammas and Pappas Song Monday, Monday, in his comment and New Bea commented that now the song was running through her head all day.  It's funny how songs trigger other memories.

Enough Aimless Rambling.  In my last post I queried if I should post my usual Monday story on Christmas Eve or a different time. Most everybody suggested I post the story as usual because it was TRADITION, another song that will be running through my head now. So it will be up on Monday as usual. Thanks for the responses.

This was posted on my FB page the other day and I immediately sent Santa a text.  


Photo
He better be checking his list and getting it right.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Just one bit more rambling, this is my 200th post.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.





                                                                               

                                                                                 

                  

25 comments:

  1. Our local radio station regularly plays that song as part of its very limited Christmas mix, so I hear it at least once every two days. I remember the Chipmunks from the Ed Sullivan Show (or maybe I am thinking of Topo Gigio:) They later had a cartoon show.

    Thanks for the memories.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must have a very limited mix considering all that's gone on both before and after. I remember watching Ed Sullivan too. "The Toast of the Town" and he was always going to have a realllly big shoooow.

      I loved going down Memory Lane, glad you came along.

      Delete
  2. Darn that old Santa, he made exactly the same mistake with me! Do you think he has a naughty streak himself? I had the 45 of that record (wonder if there are many readers who have no idea what that means.) You have a great weekend and I'll be reading Monday.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, now I'm hearing chipmunks singing in my head, lol. Merry Christmas Sunnygirl :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I had that album......purchased by me! I remember tradition toooo.
    I can also think about, or hear 'Tradition' from Fiddler on the Roof.
    Santa is working on making me fat this Christmas for some odd reason.

    And PK my first 45 was Nowhere Man by the Beatles!

    Reading, as always, Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what I call revenge. Stupid me looked up that chipmunk song, and now I cannot get rid of it. Those chipmunks keep singing in my head.
    Oh and Santa, I am happy with only one present, and I don't need the fat body.

    And Minelle, my first single was "Love me do" by The Beatles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in college when the Beatles his the music world. Sorry about those chipmunks in your head. They can be so annoying.

      Delete
  6. My first 45 was "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", the first song released by the Beatles over here. "Love Me Do" came later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't remember my first 45 but I'm sure it was probably an Elvis thing. As I said to Bas I was in college when the Beatles came over here.

      Delete
  7. I agree with PK - Santa made the same 'mistake' with me - really have to wonder if it was 'on purpose'! Wonder if we could have Mrs Santa go after him with her wooden spoons. :D

    Yup - very much remember Alvin and the Chipmunks and 45's - don't actually remember what my first 45 was but have a whole stack of them in the basement. My first 33 was 'Meet the Beatles'. :) My mom also had a lot of 78s. LOL

    Looking forward to Monday's story.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is being a butt tonite. I agree with you Santa has been having fun with a lot of us this year. I think Mrs. Claus better get after him.

      I think I told Hermione I don't remember my first 45 either but it was probably Elvis. We just put a bunch of 33's and 78's to the curb when we moved, someone came by and snatched them up in a heartbeat. I think I gave my 45's to my BIL when I moved out of my parents home.

      Have a good day tomorrow and I will see you back here Monday.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  8. Sunnygirl...I just wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas! Cute ecard also. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember having 45's as a kid then as a teenager I had to have the album. To this day my husband collects albums and keeps a turntable so that we can occasionally we can still listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for coming to visit Mrs. D. Welcome.

    As I mentioned to Cat above we just dumped the last of our albums when we moved. Actually we had one of those thingies that played everything, still have but now we have nothing to play on it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Argh, now I've got chipmunks in my head Lol Thanks Sunny :)

    Hoping Santa doesn't get it wrong again this year! Bad Santa!

    Wishing you a safe, merry and blessed Christmas. Thank you for your support, encouragement and advice throughout the year.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have the chipmunks gone yet? Hope so, they're so annoying after a while.

      Have a lovely holiday season with your family. Thanks for the NZ lore, love it.

      Delete
  12. Congrats on 200, Sunny! Love the toon..

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rogue. Thought you might like the toon. Originally, I had the White Christmas one also. Glad I removed that or I really would have looked like a copy cat.

      Hope all is going as well as can be expected in your world. Blessings to you this holiday season.

      Delete
  13. Oh, my children do love that Chipmunk song...can't change the radio station when it is on...but fortunately it is not stuck in my head :-) Happy 200th post. Love the cartoon...hate when things get mixed up like that! :-) Merry Christmas to you and yours... Love, Terpsichore

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a catchy tune but like anything else it does get annoying after a while.

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and the happiest of new years too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day