Friday, December 7, 2012

Punography


Hey everybody.  TGIF.  Boy they come around quick. Things are much better here on the homefront.  Hope they stay that way, I don't want any coal in my Christmas stocking.

If you haven't already guessed I love words, I'm an avid Words with Friends Player, Scrabble, Crossword Puzzles, you name it and I'm there.  I guess that's why I love this play on words.  Very clever.




Punography



When chemists die, they barium.
Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.
How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.
I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.
I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.
PMS jokes aren't funny; period.
Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.
We're going on a class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz.
I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?
When you get a bladder infection urine trouble.
Broken pencils are pointless.
I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.
What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.
England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.
I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. The police have nothing to go on.
I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
Velcro - what a rip off!
A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.
Venison for dinner again? Oh deer! 

I'm being shameless in promoting my own story but if you haven't already done so, pop over to New Beginnings for today's Fantasy Friday. It's a long story so it will be posted in three parts, today's the first, the second part will be posted tomorrow and the conclusion will be back here on Monday. 

See you then on Aimless Ramblings.

41 comments:

  1. We share that love of words...crossword puzzle, words with friends, scrabble...too bad we don't live in the same part of the country!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Sunny. Thanks for posting them. Ditto on the word games. I'm rusty now, but word games and challenges used to be one of my favorite hobbies.

    Thanks for the heads up about your story. Plug, plug, plug away!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welome Irishey. Some of them are really good.

      Delete
  3. Love these Sunny, thanks for posting.

    Thanks for the heads up re the story too. Looking forward to it!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Roz. Hope you like the first part. Part II will be up tomorrow and then come back here for the conclusion on Monday.

      Delete
  4. These are cute! Made me smile first thing this morning and that's always a good thing! Thanks Sunny!

    P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiles are good anytime of the day. Glad I could provide your morning one.

      Delete
  5. Glad you said your story was over at PK's. I might have missed it.

    Also glad that things are better on the home front. LOL, we are not used to our sunny being out of sorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie. Things are better, not all the way there yet, but getting there. What happens, I know not. Just sometimes it's just not there. It could be like Cat said I'm missing our daughter and grandkids. We had a lot of time together and now there not around. Going through withdrawal pangs. We used to do that a lot when she was younger but I guess it still bothers.

      Hope you like the story. The second part will post tomorrow and the conclusion here on Monday.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the giggles Sunny - the puns are really cute. Heading over to PK's next to get started on your story.

    Happy things are better on the homefront - you really do not deserve in coal so we'll have to spank Santa if you get any. ;)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, like I was telling Susie I think you may be right in that I was going through withdrawal from the kids and grandkids. Getting better.

      Hope you enjoy the story, 2nd part tomorrow and the finish here on Monday.

      Delete
  7. Groan! These are terrible! ;)

    Hurray for your FF! That's wonderful. I'll pop over...and I'm not sure about you, when I host someone on my blog I always appreciate that person letting his or her readers know. It's not shameless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the smiles Sunny. Glad to hear you have a story out.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Lillie.

      You should like this story, it's a long one.

      Delete
  9. LOL - I groaned all the way through, until the sketch artist - for some reason that had me in stitches. Thanks for the smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Ana, groaners. LOL. Your welccome for the smile. I have a feeling you smile a lot.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I'm glad!! I noticed up top you asked about online scrabble - I play words with friends hours a day!! :D my name on there is sisof9

      Delete
    2. I will look it up. Right now I'm at my limit of 20 games but when I finish one of them I'll add you to my contacts.

      Delete
  11. groan.... but i loved them all.

    and yes to the word games too... words with friends much? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, i did'nt read all the comments apparently. should i have been rolling my eyeballs instead?? LOL

      Delete
    2. I don't know, maybe stomping your feet. LOL

      Delete
  12. Clever. Loved them. Not a crossword fan but yes to scrabble.

    I'll be hot footing it over to PK's to read your FF.

    Have a good weekend.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sunnygirl,
    Glad the sun starts shining again.
    You know, I'm actually rather proud of myself.
    As a non-native English speaker I think, I did understand all the puns. Just had to lookup what Velcro was. So I have learned yet another new word.
    Tried to play Scrabble in English once, but that is really difficult.
    I'm glad I can now officially read the Pearl harbour story, without being disturbed by a cold and naked PK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sun is out. Thanks for your wishes. I'm always proud of you. As a person who can only speak one language I always admire those that are fluent in others.

      Yes, this was the story that caused the cold and naked PK.

      Delete
  14. Love these...so funny....and I have already been over to read your story! Can't wait for the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just kept thinking.....the brains who think like this!!
    I loved your story. I am envious of your talent in writing so prolifically. I love everything you write.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Not my brain that's for sure. Thank you for your nice compliment.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day