Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Earth Moved - Big Day in the Bid D

There were two earthquakes in North Texas last night.  The Richter scale rated them at 3. something.  A little rattle in two areas.WOW. I slept through them. Of course, when you're in an RV a good wind will rock you so even if we were awake we probably wouldn't have noticed.  It's a big deal though because it is not something that is expected here.

I remember the first earthquake I ever experienced.  I had been living in So.California about three or four months and one morning the bed started shaking and I was alone.  I jumped up and grabbed my comforter and ran out of the room.  I wasn't getting caught naked and I didn't know what was happening.  Once the rumbling stopped and my head started functioning I realized I had felt my first earthquake. I experienced others that were much more dramatic and frightening  but that was my first.

That's my big news for this day.  I am going to have a story up tomorrow, so if you're interested, stop by and have a read.

Have a good day and see you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

12 comments:

  1. Earthquakes are no fun! I've been through a few big ones and I still panic if the ground or building shakes.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they can be scary. I remember rolling off the couch onto the floor because I was laying under a bookshelf and didn't wan't them falling on me. LOL

      Delete
  2. Earthquakes in Texas? Wow - very unexpected. Happy that you slept through them and there was no damage. Looking forward to your story.

    Stay safe,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never felt an earthquake. I have experienced a tornado from the safety of my basement! Glad you are safe.
    I will certainly be here for your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been through earthquakes, tornados and hurricanes and what are those storms called at sea, I forget, but that too.

      Delete
  4. Glad you went through all eartquakes unharmed.
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only unharmed never even felt them. Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  5. The first tremor I felt was in Costa Rica - my host mom yelled for us all to stand in doorways till it passed. I truly felt like I'd just felt GOD - I felt so small and insignificant to sense the earth rumbling below me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's not something you can hide from just hope it's over quickly.

      Delete
  6. I've never felt the earth shake. Well, not like that anyway, lol! Glad you slept through it and no damage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they would be classified as tremors in the areas that are prone to earthquakes. Dallas not being one of them so it is a big deal.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day