Thursday, September 6, 2012

Life and Such


Funny Go On Ecard: I'd join a support group for help with my problems if I didn't have to listen to anyone else's problems.

Life has slowed down considerably.  We are still in Texas and will probably be here for another couple of weeks for sure.  Then it's on to Arizona and then California again.  I think we will probably winter in either Arizona or California and then head on to Washington in the spring.  Man plans and God laughs so I am not holding my breath.

It is still very hot here, been in the 100+ category for the last week.  I keep hearing that the great weather is just around the corner.  I hope so.  It's too hot to be outside and the air conditioning is killing my sinuses.
All this hurricane talk has me worried about stocking up on batteries for my vibrator.
There hasn't been much spanking or dancing lately.  We had hopes for one night and it was postponed due to overnight guests.  The following night hubby tried enticing me with the wooden spoon and followed it by the leather paddle but I just wasn't into it and we just "danced" a little.  There has been no action on either front since then.  He's away for a few days and I have my MBF for comfort. (my best friend - I named it that when hubby bought it)

Speaking of MBF, my hubby said something about a week or so ago that I just could not believe.  He is usually so circumspect.  A group of us were sitting outside and just talking about who knows what when my husband pipes up with "as long as there is a supply of AAA batteries my wife doesn't need me".  I am sure I was red of face - but was saved the by black of night.   Everyone laughed and one of the other guys said he knew just what he meant.  More laughter.  I found the above card and thought it was so appropos of that conversation.

That's it for now.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

32 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the ecards and your story about what your husband said. Sometimes they say the darnest things in front of people! Happy travels and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Sometimes I wonder what happens to a their mental filter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure but I guess he felt comfortable with the group. We've know all of them for a long time and we women talk but it usually doesn't involve the guys.

      Delete
  3. Oh man...I think I would have turned absolutely crimson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HMMM, maybe a general prohibition of AAA batteries in order

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness.
    Although, in defence of your hubby, um.....battery operated devices like we are discussing here......are no longer the taboo subject they once were.
    I am still unable to say the word out loud, but - regardless, they appear in all sorts of pop culture references. It is nice that woman's needs are just accepted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes everything you said it true and I was not as embarrassed as I may have been at one time. Of course, I'm older and don't care what others think anymore. LOL

      Delete
  6. Out of the mouth of husbands...sometimes! Hope it cools off soon....I use that quote about man planning all the time!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100+? Ugh. I enjoy warm weather, but that's just plain HOT. I suppose if my husband made a comment like that it would depend on which friends we were with whether I'd be embarrassed or not. So much for your hubby's filter, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOT is what I call it too. You know that saying loose lips sink ships - it struck him that time but I really wasn't as embarrassed as I might have been at one time. As I said above, I'm older and I think people are more shocked that we're still at it than anything. LOL

      Delete
  8. I would have been embarrassed too, its nice that somebody else piped in right after to deflect some of it. Hope it cools down soon, I would rather be in cold weather than hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, several of the guys shook their heads in agreement. I hope it cools down to. It has to soon doesn't it?

      Delete
  9. That's funny with the hurricane and the battery stock up! Hope it cools down for you soon! I would melt in heat like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have melted and I used to live in Florida. I will tell you that barring any unforseen circumstances I will not be spending another summer in this area.

      Delete
  10. Hmmmm, sounds as if we're both suffering 100 degree heat :) I love the second ecard. How very funny! If Blue said that around other people, I would kill him when we were alone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are in the Dallas Metroplex area and it has been a bear this last couple of weeks. Some of the ecards just have me rolling on the floor laughing. We knew the people pretty well so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, say like around our daughter's friends. Then I would have had to kill him.

      Delete
  11. While I wouldn't say we don't need out men, there's something to be said for "If you want something done right, do it yourself!"

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot to be said for that. It's been keeping me company for years.

      Delete
  12. All your comments hit the nail on the head. I may say outrages things with the girls.....But in 'Some' mixed company I would just melt away. Filter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had shared with him a conversation us girls had been having earlier in the day and I guess he felt comfortable enough with the group. The good news is it was dark, most of the guys agreed and I'm too old to care. At our age we need all the help we can get. LOL

      Delete
  13. Hahahaha. Thank goodness for darkness :) great ecards

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The things they say in front of people.

    Love your ramblings SG.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry your sinuses are killing you. Have you tried using a netti pot? Hubby swears by it. We live in Florida, land of the air conditioning. I was sleeping with a humidifier by my bed for a while. Hope you find some relief! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know what you mean about the air conditioning.

    As luck would have it, we had a cool front finally and today the doors and windows are open. Yeahhhh and when it passes it's supposed to cool all the way down to the low 90's. I keep getting assurance to wait til next week. LOL

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Air conditioning should be on my grateful list every single time it comes on, but...yeah. I know what you mean. Glad it cooled off a bit! Take care and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cool thoughts Ana. AC is high on my list of gratitude.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day