Saturday, September 22, 2012

Friday Frolics and Something Saturday


Today is the first full day of fall.  Hard to tell here in the Land of Endless Summer.  At least it seems that way.  We had a little respite of cooler weather (in the 80’s) for about five days and now it is back to the high 90’s.  We are due to leave Texas in the next ten days and head to Arizona.  I was hoping for cooler weather by now.  Guess what, it is still in the 100’s where we are heading in AZ.   We only plan on being there for about a week though.  Just enough time to switch out our summer clothes for cooler weather clothes, visit with friends and then head out to Northern California.   Maybe there we will see and feel a little bit of fall. 

Date night for hubby and I last night.  We hadn’t been out alone together since our Anniversary.  We went to this little Italian restaurant that always has great food.   We always tend to look for the Mom and Pop places instead of chains.  We’ve won more times than we lost.  I am doing Ronnie's 5-2 diet, just came off my two days of 500 calories, hope I didn’t lose any ground tonight.  We’ll see. 

I counted on a little play time since it was just us, all by our lonesome, for the night.  No one in the house, no one in the brother’s RV, just us and the two cats on seven acres. WOW. abby posted about a little game she and her Master play and how you could make up your own. It sounded like fun. I didn’t ask abby for instructions but made up my own version. 

I just love the $ store, two sets of ping pong balls and a set of dice and whatever rules you decide-$4 priceless.  The ping pong balls are representative of spanking implements, the first roll of one die indicates the multiplier, the total of the 5 dice indicates the number of swats.  So last night I got 69 swats with the leather paddle (3 x 23).  On the back deck – obviously it was dark.  I hope the mosquitoes stayed away, the paddle provided enough sting of its own.  It's been a while.   Too uncomfortable to dance there so we retreated to our bedroom for the musical part of the evening’s entertainment.  Old bones and bodies aren’t as forgiving as they once were. Comfort is king.  We are taking care of our grand nephews later on today so maybe after the “kiddies” go home we can play again provided they haven't run us ragged.

Hope you all have a great weekend.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

25 comments:

  1. Lovely dinner, fun games and musical entertainment. What a wonderful way to spend an evening sunnygirl. Wishing you many more!

    Have a fun and a safe trip.
    Cat

    PS Age doesn't matter - I've always believed in "comfort is KING!". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lovely evening. Safe travels, and don't worry if you don't feel the fall weather, I'm experiencing it for both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely. I'll try to remember you're enjoying fall while I am mopping my brow. LOL

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great night. Hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over here fall has landed with a bang. We're thinking of starting up the central heating. I think this year, you in the States got almost all of the available summerdays.
    We could not possibly do those games in the outside anymore.
    Well, it seems you paid some additional costs on your $ store purchases. Was not really cheap! 69 Swats!
    I don't think I have ever heard those other activities described as "the musical part of the entertainment".
    Must remember that. I learn some English idiom every day!
    Have a great weekend with the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price was worth it. You mean you don't hear any heavenly music when you are in the throes of "dancing". LOL

      Delete
  5. oh that sounded lovely. hope you have fun with the small ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a fun game to play. Seven acres? That's a lovely large space with no one around to bother you.

    It was getting cooler here, but seems to have warmed up again.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Yes, our view is very pastoral and private.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fun date night! Happy weekend Sunnygirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good food, a spanking and sex. What more can you ask?

      Delete
  8. Fun!!! I hope tonight proves as event-filled, and you frolic some more.

    I am joining you in ronnie's 5-2 plan. I hope I lose!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was fun. Good luck on the 5-2. I emailed you my results.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had the time alone and had enough energy to go for it! You're doing the 5-2 plan and Minelle is too? I've been thinking of it but haven't started. Tell me more, is it very hard? and have you been doing it long enough to see any results.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my kind of date night! Very interesting game, I may have to look into that :) Hope you're having fun with the kiddies and that they don't wear you out TOO much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun night and the game is fun. Do give it a try. The kids wore my hubbie out so no fun tonight.

      Delete
  11. Sounds fun and Happy Weekend to you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SNP and you too. Will get to your story tomorrow.

      Delete
  12. Sunny....that sounds lovely, Italian food is my favourite. Sounds like it was a wonderful time with you and your hubby. You sound like you do so much for others, it is nice when you and your man get to share an evening together. I am going to look up that diet, I have to be in two-piece shape by December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Italian food too. We did have a good time - I love date nights even after 41 years.

      Delete
  13. Glad you adpated the game...and a much cheaper version..win-win! A lovely evening!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day