Monday, September 10, 2012

DOUBLE TALK ???


Hope everyone had a great weekend.  It was pretty nice here.  The weather finally broke and it was actually pleasant the whole weekend.  Things relatively quiet - hoping for some "adult fun" very soon.

Here are some statements to ponder today.


1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.
3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
6. War does not determine who is right -- only who is left.
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
9. I didn't say it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.
10. In filling out an application, where it says, “In case of emergency, Notify:” I put, “DOCTOR”.
11. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut and still think they are sexy.
12. You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.
13. I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..
14. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
15. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
16. You're never too old to learn something stupid.
17. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now. 


They are called PARAPROSDOKIAN's and they speak for themselves, or do they?       

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.                            

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for the morning smile, I have heard most of htese, and happen to agree with them.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say, oh my favorite ones are....but I really agree with them all!! Just as abby stated. Thanks sunny you always make us think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny - I love them... and am going to use them use liberally.
    My dear old Dad used to say...
    Where there is a will there is a way....show me the way and I will.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really good! I don't think I've seen any of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the smile SG. Never heard 10 or 15 before.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. I especially like 15 AND would like to point it out to some.

      Delete
  6. i know i've been to your blog before... i can't for the life of me figure out how come i'm not "following". well, that's been sorted out now. thanks for the list. it was very fun to read.

    in my part of the world, it's time for bed, so thank you for a bunch of great stuff to think about as i drift off to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had pleasant dreams and I am glad you stop by.

      Delete
  7. Hahaha. These are good. Some I've heard, some not. I like number 4 :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think it should be If I agree with you then we would both be right.

      Delete
  8. Very, very true statements here!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I'd hears some of these before, but not all of them. Thanks for the laugh, SNP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you."

    LOL!!! I only wish I dared to use that one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a good one, better be careful using it though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL. Thanks for the morning giggle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day