Monday, August 13, 2012

Whine and Cheese Anyone?

We don't have much time for "adult activities" so I have nothing to report. 

It's been drama, drama, drama this am.  Yesterday, my brother, his BIL and a friend took out the boat to go fishing.  Sometime between then and this am my brother realized his wallet was missing.  Needless to say, we have been on a search and to no avail.  YEAH, As I am writing this my brother just told us he left it at their last stop.  Catastrophe avoided. Thank you Saint Anthony.

The swinging door at my brothers continues to swing inward.  I counted  and  there are a minimum of 15 people here most of the time.  The last couple of days that number has increased and I am totally "done". There is a gate but I think that the code must be posted on FB because everyone seems to have it.  I am tired of doing laundry, emptying  the dishwasher, mopping floors, picking up after kids, cooking, trips to the airport, etc. etc. etc. I am not alone but I seem to be the "mother".  If I didn't love my brother and SIL so much I would head for the hills.  But I am needed and somehow I will prevail. I am very happy to be able to help them through this troubled time.  Easing her transition and being there for my brother is my contribution. Doesn't mean I won't whine about it though.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

17 comments:

  1. Wine and cheese! Yes. Please. When you're at it, could I get a glass of water to accompany the wine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well, if you have nothing else to do, maybe you could read one of your nice stories to me, while I'm enjoying my wine

      Delete
    3. OUCH!!!
      Stop screaming in my poor ears!

      Delete
  2. It sucks to be the one cleaning after everyone- hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big time. It not always bad, I was just having a "whine" day. Thanks for the hugs, they are always welcome

      Delete
  3. You have stepped into the roll that is needed. I bet you are the calming force for everyone right now. However, I totally hear you regarding the drudgery of all those tasks. (except the cooking and- seeing the kids)

    St Anthony has come through for us regarding lost wallets MANY, MANY times!lol

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know most of the time it's not that bad, I was just having a bad day, my knee hurt and I was tired. I really am glad I can contribute.

      St. Anthony has saved me often. My Jewish friend is now a believer in him too so he is an equal opportunity saint.LOL

      Delete
  4. I don't see it as whining, I think this post and your blog is a pressure release valve. There isn't anyone there you can blow up at there. Except your own hubby, and he doesn't deserve it. So please come and complain a bit and take a deep breath before you're back at it. Thinking of you.

    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support PK. You are right it is a pressure release valve.

      Delete
  5. I agree with PK. You are not whining, you are venting. I feel for you. Hang in there and I hope that things calm down soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was definitely venting. Thanks for your good thoughts. As I said above, most of the time I deal with it really well. It is just hard watching someone so young being taken too soon and I was tired and cranky.

      Delete
  6. Whining, venting, the beauty of blogging :) While you know you're making a difference, I hope you get a rest soon.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Dee. It really is the beauty of blogging, knowing you're heard and get lots of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound like a real giver, Sunnygirl. Your family is very lucky to have you. It seems like someone has to step up and fill that role in times of crisis, and looks like you are it. Be good to yourself though - givers make time for themselves last.
    And all the other bloggers are absolutely right - that is not whining, that is an attempt at sanity preservation.
    Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we are lucky to have each other but thanks for the compliment.

    The venting really did help and I needed it. Unfortunately, it is not going to get better only worse as each day we see more of a shadow of her former self.

    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day