Friday, August 17, 2012

Finally - a little adult time

A couple of nights ago we finally found some quiet time for "adult activities".  I really needed it badly as evidenced by my post.  I thank all of you for telling me it was not whining but venting and I really did come to see that but sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees.

Anyway, we finally stumbled back to our RV after watching four littles under six for about six hours.  Let me tell you that is daunting.  They have so much energy and then when they are spent and all clean and shiny they still want your attention.  But they are so worth it.  Anyway, I digress.  When we got in and said hello to our kitties, who wondered who we were, hubby suggested some release.  I was exhausted but couldn't pass up the opportunity.  

Lately, he has been counting swats to see how many I can take before calling a halt.  Yesterday, he stopped at 250 with the leather paddle and I still hadn't called halt.  He had enough of that part even if I hadn't. He wanted to get on to the "funner" parts. Truth be told I think I was probably numb from the last couple of days and could have taken double the amount.  Anyway, we went on to dance our dance and today the world looked and felt a little brighter.  Even my brother remarked that we were a "fun couple" today.

Now if I could only sleep like that every night. (Oh wait, I can - just need the right foreplay)

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

20 comments:

  1. 4 littles under 6? Oh wow! That would sap anybodys energy! Glad you got that much needed alone time though :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The littles are so cute. Thanks for the good thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Yay for Adult Time-Happy Weekend Sunnygirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you were able to decompress with adult activities!
    I have to tell you I thought ...250 wow!

    I do not think anyone could accuse you of whining it didn't have that tone.We all need to vent when life is difficult.

    As to all those munchkins, you must have never ending energy!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for your kind words Minelle. The munchkins are so cute, just energy sapping. Adult activities were great.

      Delete
  4. Glad you got some time for yourselves.
    But, that poor man, think of his arm!
    Have a happy weekend.
    Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why he quit - his arm was tried. Thanks for the good thoughts.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time, althouhg I don't think I could ever take 250 with a leather paddle. Hope you can sit today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem sitting. My hubby always says I have a "tough" a**. By the time we were done with our "funner" stuff there weren't any reminders at all.

      Delete
  6. Wow- I thought my 107 with the hand was a lot- glad you got some time to reconnect .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know he counts but only about the last ten were really felt. He's a "softie" hand and I'm a "firm" bottom. LOL

      Delete
  7. Woo-hoo! Sounds great! I'm glad you got the chance to reconnect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Oh, I'm hoping I get some of that tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's right...it makes you sleep like a baby. I must have missed your last post. Sounds like you were having a hard week. Glad that things are better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "psyche" is better, the situation, unfortunately, remains but it is in God's hands. Sleep was very welcome - helps with the energy.

      Delete
  10. Sounds just lovely. Men alway do want to get to that 'funner' part don't they. But it all sounds wonderful.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful. Yeah, the "funner" parts are always lurking in their minds.

      Have a good weekend.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day