Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Turn


There have been several posts lately about loving marriages.  This post is about my marriage. It is not perfect but it's pretty darn close.  My husband is by far the best man for me. He is my lover, confidant, supporter, friend. I can go on and on with many more adjectives but don't want to make everybody else jealous. He knows me very well just like I know him (but once in a while we still surprise each other).  My heart still thumps when I look at him and I don't know how I was so lucky to meet and marry this great guy.  We have seen each other through some tough times and have always made it through with love and laughter. 

We are growing old together and it is such a comforting feeling to know that when I wake up in the morning he is right there beside me.  Not only that but he thinks I am still beautiful when even I don’t want to look at myself in the mirror until I wash my face and brush my hair and teeth.

When I wrote a post about him back in January ( BFF we were in a brick and mortar home.  The very next month we left that behind and took to the road in a 32 foot RV.  We have been together constantly since then and everything I wrote is still true. We are still laughing, loving and holding hands as we travel life’s roads together.  With luck there are many highways and byways ahead of us and I am going to be traveling them with my handsome loving husband for many years to come.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

21 comments:

  1. Sunnygirl, Your husband sounds like a very lucky man to have such an adoring and loving wife. One of these days, I hope that we can also, spend our days and nights together, I wouldn't mind an RV at all. Thank you for sharing your love story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both think we are lucky. You'll love the RV - hope you get the chance to do it.

      Delete
  2. You two are so lucky. I see so many couples that could be enjoying their time together, but age has made them grow distant. For some, the kids leave home and they realize that they don't like each other any more. I know TTWD won't save a marriage if it's truly broken, but it does build a trust and an interest that so many marriages are missing.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, but then you already knew that.

      Delete
  3. You guys are very inspiring!!! It is nice to hear about couples that have been together so long and are still happy and in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what they are going to be saying about you and MM one of these days.

      Delete
  4. This is just so great to read Sunnygirl. My parents are the same way. Makes me think of that song Still the One. "We're still having fun and your still the one."
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondeful post to read! I wish the 2 of you many more happy journeys! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I love reading this. I think opening up and embracing each stage of love is the answer. I agree with PK, some couples become so distant focusing on what they don't like instead of looking at life and love as an adventure embracing the positive in their love! My husband has often said he would love to get a big RV when we retire and travel together. So I love hearing about your experiences!
    Minelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both your comments came through. Don't you just love blogger? It's always a surprise.

      I love the RV much more than I thought I would. Hope you get the opportunity to do it too.

      Delete
  7. Hi, I tried posting A moment ago so if it posts twice I am sorry. I love hearing about your growing and continued love! I agree with PK how some people just give up when their kids move on as adults. Instead of embracing the change and challenges, they focus on the negative and neglect each other. How sad! My husband has often expressed a desire to retire together seeing the country in an RV. Keep sharing your journey.
    Thanks,
    Minelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and inspiring a post sunnygirl :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee. Just wanted everybody out there to know what I have known for years - that I am one lucky gal.

      Delete
  9. It is inspiring! What a joy to be living so close to one another and end up more in love, more connected instead of wanting to flee the cockpit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been great, I don't think either one of us anticipated it going so well.

      Delete
  10. I love that...how you can know somebody so well and yet still learn new things about them and about yourselves as a couple. i hope we always have that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising isn't it. But that is what keeps it fresh. I hope you always have it too.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day