Tuesday, January 10, 2012

BFF

That’s my hubby.  He knows me so well and after all our years together (40+) we are still friends and lovers.  We have made each other better than we were. We have picked up each other’s good and bad traits and blended them together into a loving mosaic.  Considering we are polar opposites it’s amazing to me that we even got together in the first place.  For two very opinionated, headstrong people I can’t remember ever having a real fight.  Differences of opinion, heated discussions, arguments, hell yes – but never what I would consider a real fight. Sometimes we try things my way and other times his way.  By now though, it is just our way. Through all the peaks and valleys (some really high peaks and very low valleys-especially during menopause)  he IS my very best friend and we love each other to pieces – even if he does want to strangle me sometimes – that is if I don’t get to him first.  That’s where the lover part comes into play and play we do. 

                                                              


Gotta go now.  I just got an invitation from my BFF.  Fill you in at a later time.

Make it a Great Day

11 comments:

  1. Daddy is my BFF, too. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that has my husband as her best friend. I have lots of female friends, too, but Daddy is my BEST friend!

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty: I think there are more of us than you may think. One of my female friends introduced me to my BFF, so I've known her even longer.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. As it should be. Hope you enjoyed your invitation!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PK: The invitation was very enjoyable. His wrist is better. I'll post it soon.

      What's up with this new way or replying?

      Delete
  3. If your spouse is NOT your BEST friend, then something is TERRIBLY WRONG!!! :-)

    Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I am in the right then. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Sunnygirl, what a wonderfully touching post. Isn't it a shame that some couples never seem to understand that concept? I love your mosaic analogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faerie: Nice to hear from you. How are things going with Musicman?
      Yes it is a shame that some aren't enjoying the same benefits we are. Hope they do learn because it is so rewarding, wouldn't you agree:

      Delete
  5. My husband is my best friend, too! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Sunnygirl, I do agree. And can I say I'm not sure about this change in the reply thing, guess it is gonna take some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day