Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TRAVEL UPDATE (G rated)

Life is so good I can't stand it.  No, that's not true.  I can stand it.  I actually absolutely love what we are doing.  I thought I would like it but I love it.  We are in a beautiful place.  The weather is so perfect, 80's during the day and 50's at night and the sun shines  every day.  How lucky can you get. I think I mentioned previously it reminds me so much of  an area we used to live.   But just like that place in Colorado, it snows here in the winter.  That's okay because by then we will be long gone.

We have met some wonderful people and are busier socially than we have been in years.  There is some activity every day and if you are bored it's because you want to be. Over the weekend, there was a town festival lasting three days that had all kinds of activities to meet everybody's taste.  My husband really enjoyed the car show.  He can't believe how many old cars there are here and in pristine condition. Today's outing took us to two beautiful lakes in the area.  One prettier than the other and great hiking trails to explore another day.

 It is very dry here though and the fire danger is extremely high.  There are absolutely no campfires allowed.  There actually was an announcement at Show Low Days that no smoking was allowed anywhere.  If smokers wanted a cigarette they were told to go to their car. I keep my fingers cross that some uncaring individual doesn't flick a cigarette butt out the window.  So far, we have not experienced any residual smoke from the fires in the surrounding areas.  Monsoon season is due next month so until then rain is very doubtful and everything will continue to be tinder dry.

I will share more pictures as the summer moves on.  We haven't had any spankings lately.  Must get up to speed.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.


12 comments:

  1. Great pictures and I am glad things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I finished your story and enjoyed it very much.

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful!
    Minelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your travel updates Sunnygirl. Thanks for sharing them with us. Keep them coming please.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best. Glad you are enjoying them Ronnie.

      Delete
  4. Sunnygirl,

    I love reading your posts! They always cheer up my day and it's so nice that you're enjoying your travels.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you love your travels as much as I love reading about them :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love what we are doing more than I even thought I would.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day