Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Clueless?????????????

Received this email the other day. I really could see me or a friend of mine being in this situation.   So, for those of us who may suffer from CRS* or CRAFT**, this could be in our future.



Several days ago as I left a meeting, I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets or purse. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing. Suddenly I realized, I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has told me many times not to leave the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. His theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the doors of the building, I came to a terrifying conclusion. His theory was right. The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all, Honey, I stammered. I always call him honey in times like these. I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen. There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard a voice. Angel he barked, i dropped you off! Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, Well, come and get me. He retorted, I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car!


BTW saw the George Clooney movie, The Descendants, yesterday.  Excellent movie and GC is always easy on the eyes, but he runs funny.


*CRS can't remember stuff
**CRAFT can't remember a freakin' thing








More Aimless Ramblings.  See You Later

13 comments:

  1. I suffer from craft often, but I think you get the prize. Haahaahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, sunnygirl. I have a co-worker who gets in the office after I do trained to check my car and get the keys out of the ignition before he enters the building. I am ashamed to say there have also been days when he hands me my checkbook or wallet that I carelessly left on the seat as well. I often wonder what the heck I was thinking of when I got out of the car that morning.

    Your story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and yes we'll probably all get to this point sometime. I usually lock the car when I'm out but I leave the keys in it often at home along with my purse, Ipod, camera, and everything else you might have in a car. But I rarely leave the keys in the car any more, I usually leave them in the door.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rogue, Faerie, Dancinbearz and PK.

    This may or may not happen to me but I am embarrassed to say I have done one better. One day, years ago, I not only left my keys in the car, I never turned the car off.

    Keep this between us though please because I would never hear the end of it if Hubby ever found out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like that's totally something I'd do! Kind of an Amelia Bedilia moment ;) Hey, at least your car wasn't stolen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riley: Of course it wasn't stolen. I locked it. hahahahaha. Glad I had a hide a key or I would have had to call Triple A. They would probably still be laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG its funny but not funny - i suffer with CRAFT all the time - its soooo frustrating LOL.....oh dear oh dear
    love and hugs kiwi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. sunnygirl,

    Thanks for the good laugh! And don't feel bad, I'm the queen of being ditzy about forgetting where things are located.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Put a Post It on your dashboard that says KEYS to help you remember. Or maybe you should tell him to quiz ou each day to make sure you remembered. With the promise of a good spanking if you didn't. Good luck.

    FDl

    ReplyDelete
  10. KiWi and Kitty: I know I'm not alone in the ditzy club. My best female friend is the queen and I am her handmaiden. Would you like to be in our court too? Sounds like you would fit right in. hahahaha.

    FD: This is even harder to admit. After the first episode I did put a flashing reminder on my computer screen but I still did it again.
    The spanking wouldn't be a deterrent. I'd be leaving the keys everywhere, in and out of the car.

    Great day everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thanks so much for the laugh, just what I needed.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day