Saturday, August 3, 2013

Games, Grandson and Good God it's August

I'm setting this up early because #2 grandson will be with us for the next few days and he is a human dynamo.  Doesn't sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time so there will be no time for writing just enough time to try and keep up.

He is sooo cute and what an imp.  Always stirring the pot but yet very sensitive and caring.  I could just squeeze him to death.  He will be nine next month and when I asked what he wanted for his birthday he told me 20 bucks and a card.  A couple of weeks ago we were talking on the phone and he asked what we were going to do.  When I told him going to see The Lone Ranger he told me he was hopping on a plane and would I pick him up at the airport.  He is such a card.

We have been going non-stop since we arrived here, no time to sit around and grow mold/old.  The Gilroy Garlic Festival was a food lover's orgy.  The good part was we all shared so it probably won't be as telling on the scale as it might have been.  The day was perfect weather-wise.  Typical marine layer in the am to sunny skies by noon.  Yesterday we went to the mission in Carmel.  Above younger grandson will be in fourth grade which means a  California history project in school and the mission provides a lot of fodder.  Typical Carmel day, jackets needed, but when the sun was out it was lovely. Lots of hilly terrain in Carmel, good exercise to walk off those caramel lattes you drink to keep warm.  lol

Today is stock up the RV day getting ready for the "visit".  You know load up on the goodies because what happens at grammy's stays at grammy's.  You can even eat whipped cream out of the can here. They are boys, c'mon you know its not all clean hands and good manners.  I know for a fact they do the same things at home, much to my daughters chagrin.  Son in law just keeps saying "they're boys, get over it."

Note to self:  Must remember to put away all the toys.  Speaking of toys we played the dice game the other day.  We had forgotten all about it and Ray came across it.  100 with the paint stirrer, definitely stirred things up.  Wow.

On Tuesday, this little ole' blog went over the 100,000 page view marker.  Can't believe it.  I know it's piddly compared to some of you but it seems like a very large number to me.  Thank you all for coming by to make the number possible.

By the way, they sent me a possible cover for my new book coming out sometime in the fall.  I'll post the date and give some snippets once the date is set.

Have a good weekend everyone.  I know we will, grandson will see to that.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.


10 comments:

  1. Have fun with the little guy..smart boy 20 bucks lol u got off easy my 9 yr old would say 50

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny,

    Congratulation on the page views. That's an impressive number!

    Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with the family. I'm so happy for you :) Enjoy your little visitor, and perhaps schedule some rest days after he leaves you LoL

    Hooray for finding the dice :) So happy to hear about your new book. Congratulations! Looking forward to the snippets and release date.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lucky woman, grandchildren and a husband who comes across a forgotten game and plays again. I hope you're planning to lock your toys away - kids go snooping sometimes, but maybe that's more girls. Keep having fun, I'm jealous.

    And... I'm excited about the new book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh..eating getting whipped cream on your tongue straight from the can must be a grandma thing!! Enjoy the grandson, he will keep you busy.
    Hmm dice game, will have to see if Master is interested.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the 100,000 page views, it's well deserved. Glad you're both having such a great time in California.

    Did you know you can shoot whip cream from the can? A messier version of a water gun fight, but outside it doesn't matter. As I remember the range was about 6 ft (college was a long time ago).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything you wrote about sounded brilliant.

    What is this "dice game"? It sounds such fun, but I think ten would be more realistic with one of our paint stirrers than 100. Obviously I need to learn things - I'm no where near in your league! (Our paint stirrers are just old chunks of wood round laying around the woodshed!) Is this game something you could share with a sheltered Brit who needs some excitement in her life?

    I like the sound of your grandson. Of course boys like to do things like eat cream out of a tin! Our son used to like to squirt that 'squirty cream' straight into his mouth when he was little. I have a feeling he still does it at times!

    Carmel sounds lovely and one of the places I must visit if ever we go back to California. There are lots of places we never got around to visiting. I am sure you will have a great time with your grandson.

    Great about the book cover, and we are all looking forwards to reading your new book when it's out!

    100,000 page views! All I can say is "Magnificent!!!"

    Many hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  7. SG,

    Congratulations on the page views.

    Have fun with your grandson. 20 bucks and a card made me smile.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. 100,000 page views? Impressive. Congrats!!!

    Sounds like you're having a fabulous time in Cali.

    Excited for your new book :) Yippee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait you are not supposed to squirt whip cream out of the can?
    The dice came sounds fun...and ouchy!
    Congrats master... on the page views!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on all those views sunnygirl! Have fun with that little guy. He sounds like a hoot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day