Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Talk about Rambling

Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day here in Texas, at least in our little part of it.  There was another thunder storm the night before so the air was fresh and clean and was that bright blue with white puffy clouds.  Warm with no humidity and a very gentle breeze.  Absolutely perfect.  The only thing missing is a beach. Love those beaches.  We will be doing that in just a little under a month.  

Speaking of beaches, I just finished reading a book  The Beachcomber's Love, by Abigail Armani.  its a story about finding romance and  love.  Greg is a freelance writer whose hobby is beachcombing and one day he finds more than shells.  Very sexy and a good summer read. It 's available on the LSF site ( link at top right of page) or through Amazon.

This weekend we are going to friends so Ray can do some bass fishing.  He tried this a couple of weeks ago but had no luck one day and the next day there were whitecaps on the lake.  It will be his last chance til' next year because the following Friday/Saturday we take off for Arizona.  That means grandsons are only about 20 days away.  Can't believe #1 is already 13.  I keep teasing him about girlfriends and he doesn't answer.  He does do a lot of primping though.  lol

Things have been pretty hectic this week but one day we actually had a couple of hours of alone time and made the best of it.  Some of those moth-free implements got aired. Lovely. BTW, a couple of people asked about a doggin bat.  Here is a pic, it's easier to show it than to describe.
Doggin bat - Bat





The first one is from Eden Fantasy, the others are just pics off Google Search.  I think we purchased ours from Spartacus and it looks just like the one from Eden Fantasy.  It really is one of my favorite implements.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.



17 comments:

  1. It looks like a mighty fierce instrument!
    The story sounds good. Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you continue to have lovely days and make your way toward the beaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really quite nice. Minelle. Think you'll enjoy the story. Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You're really churning out the books. That is so great, Sunny. You sound excited to see your grands again. I can't wait to see some of mine in a couple weeks.

    I have many relatives and a couple grandchildren in Texas, and relatives in Arizona. They really love both places. I thought by now, having retired, I would be living in Texas myself. But life gave me an unexpected blessing, so I happily live elsewhere with my D, who happens to love fishing for bass and other fishy things.

    If what I've read here and there is an accurate indication, I think you're making converts to the dogging bat! Manufacturer should pay you royalties. ;-)

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sliva friend, I have missed you. So glad you are back. I really enjoy the doggin bat.

      I wish you were here in Texas. Would love to meet IRL. That lake we're going to is the best bass fishing lake in the US. Maybe next year?

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah! We will find a way! My D would fish for a living if he could. I need to research this lake of yours. Large mouth bass are his favorite catch - but any old fish on his line lights his fire. Hmm... Maybe I should grow fins? Lol! Nah, he loves me as I am, unscaly and all. I have other attributes that warm him. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hey Sunny,

    I love your ramblings :)

    Thanks for the heads up on the book. Yay for some alone time! The doggin bat looks rather ouchy to me.

    Good luck to Ray with the fishing this weekend. Glad you will soon be seeing the grandsons. Kids grow so fast don't they? Soon you won't be able to stop him talking about girls LoL

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Roz. The book is a quick sexy read.

      The doggin bat is really quite nice not ouchy at all.

      I'll give Ray your good wishes.

      The grands are growing much too quickly. I'm sure No. 1 has girls calling him now and it will only be a matter of time before he'll be calling them.

      Delete
  4. Oh on amazon, music to my ears as it's the only place I can shop on line, in supervised lol so ill be off there soon.

    And thanks for the doggin bat picture, is it a really spankingtube implement??? Wow all the stuff that's out there ;)

    I love the way you guys travel everywhere, it must be so exciting and so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny. I hope that's not the rule you keep breaking. It really is a spanking implement (but I think it's original use was for horses).

      It is fun and we enjoy it for now. Eventually, we will light someplace.

      Delete
  5. Excited for you to see the grands!! Hope the fishing trip is prosperous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're excited too. If it is, he will be thrilled but he likes to fish but he likes the camaraderie as well.

      Delete
  6. The little one looks more like a crop to me, I like the wider ones. Those feel great!

    I'm looking forward to reading Abigail's book.

    I know you're anxious to see the grandchildren, have a ball with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doggin bat is great, but if they modify it, watch out! HATE that thing now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean modify it? It's fine the way it is. lol

      Delete
  8. First of all...congrats on your book! Second of all...I love Texas! Hope you have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash. I like Texas pretty well to. Good possibility this is where we will light eventually.

      Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day