Monday, November 28, 2016

The Perils of Winter

Hello - Well Thanksgiving and for all intents and purposes, November is over.  Coming up to the last month of 2016 - it just started didn't it?  Remember when you had to remember to change dates on checks etc. - never happens any more.  Ahh, the good ole' days.  

This week's story was tough going.  Some weeks they flow right out, others it's like pulling teeth. Gone are the days when they flowed out of me like water and I was always a couple of weeks ahead - not anymore, now it's usually on Sunday and I'm still procrastinating.  Oh well, at least they're still coming, right?


Barbara Helmsley was taking a sheet of cookies from the oven when she looked out the window and saw the first snowflakes of the season starting to fall and stick to the ground. She had a love/hate relationship with the snow,  As a little girl growing up in Southern California, snow was something magical. Sure, she’d seen snow, her parents routinely took her and her brother to Big Bear every year.  They’d have snowball fights, go sleigh riding, ice skating and then they’d drive back down the mountain, exchange their mountain wear for beach wear and life would go on.

Her brother, Jack loved the change of season and decided to go to college at the University of Colorado at Boulder.  He rarely made the quick trip home to California after that, so our parents and I made the trek to Colorado on a regular basis.  In his junior year, Jack roomed with a fellow that was born and raised in Montana and the rest, as they say, is history.  Barbara Watkins married her brother’s roommate and moved to the wilds of Montana, Livingston, MT to be exact, population about 7,000 people.  Livingston was the county seat of Park County, an old western town on the Yellowstone River and a gateway to Yellowstone National Park.  Connor Helmsley was a member of the Park County Sherriff’s Department.

The snowflakes meant winter was finally making its presence known after a temperate, longer than usual fall. Winters here were long and often harsh, and she detested that often Connor was caught rescuing some jackass who had no business being out in weather when they hadn’t the slightest clue of what and what not to do.   

Shortly after Connor was hired and before they were married, Barbara was one of those jackasses.  Despite being warned of treacherous road conditions, she ignored all of the warnings and found herself stranded in a snowbank.  She had no idea where she was, cell phone service was nonexistant, and her only saving grace was that she had proper winter clothing that kept her warm until a passing snow plow driver spotted her car.  Connor and his fellow workers had been combing the roads looking for her for hours because she was way overdue.  When the snow plow driver called in, Connor was there in minutes. 

She expected him to be all loving and glad to see her.  The latter was true, but loving – loving in a very tough way.  The minute he got her to his newly rented home, he took her over his knee and wore her out.  She hadn’t been spanked since she was a little girl and never expected to be spanked as a grown woman.  Little did she know then that Connor was a spanker and once they were married she was over his knee so often, in the beginning, she swore she didn’t sit comfortably the first three months they were married. 

It wasn’t something they discussed before marriage.  Sure he swatted her bottom a time or two, but that first spanking was the first clue she had about his proclivities.  Now there were all kinds of spankings; the fun kind, the discipline kind, the stress relief kind and sometimes when he determined it necessary, the maintenance kind.  She received a lot more of the maintenance kind in the winter.  Barbara Helmsley might be married to a born and bred Montana man but she was still a California girl and she didn’t like winter.  She didn’t like it even more when Connor had to go out into it which happened at the very least six months of the year.  She hated he had to go on search and rescue missions, and drive on treacherous roads in horrible weather conditions.  She worried more about that than him being shot in a bank robbery or some other criminal activity and she harangued him more about moving to warmer climes.  In truth, she didn’t think it would ever happen but she was ever hopeful.

Barbara went back to ignoring what was happening outside and continued baking her cookies. There was a cookie exchange at the school this week and if you brought two dozen cookies, you came home with two dozen cookies someone else had baked.  It was a big social event for Livingston, Montana.  It was also a chance to catch up on all the gossip – Lord knew that Connor never revealed a thing.

By the time Connor came home for dinner, the snow had accumulated with at least six inches on the ground and it was still coming down.

“I’m glad you’re home.  We can sit by the fire and have a nice quiet evening. If you treat me right, I’ll even let you eat some of the cookies I baked today,” Barbara told her husband.

“Treat you right, why honey, I always treat you right.” She laughed at him.

“Yeah, even when you’re wearing me out and bringing me to tears, right.”

“Right.”   She laughed again.

With dinner over and dishes done, she joined him in the family room.  She cuddled up on his lap and had just settled in when the phone rang.

“Don’t answer it.”

“Honey, if it’s work they are only going to call me on the radio. Might as well just pick up the landline.”

Sure enough, Barbara heard his end of the conversation.  Apparently, one of the other deputies had called in sick and Connor was called to fill in.

“Can’t they get someone else?”

“Honey, I was the last one on the list.  I’m going in, don’t make it any harder than it already is.”

Barbara knew she should just accept it but that was not her way.  She whined and carried on how much she hated his job, the weather, this place and anything else she could think of at the moment.

“Okay, Barb, I get it, it’s the same ole, same ole.  Now you’re going to get it.”  With that, he maneuvered her over the back of the sofa.  “This time though you’re getting the belt.”  She heard the belt swoosh out of his pants and felt the cool air on her bottom as he pushed down her jeans and panties.

She felt the first line of fire across the center of her buttocks.  It was like a swarm of bees attacked her all at once.  She hadn’t even processed this first lash before two and three followed suit.  Her toes were dancing across the floor when she felt his hand press down on her back.

“Stay still, or you’re going to get hit someplace other than your bum.”

“It hurts.”

“I hate being obvious, but it’s supposed to hurt.  It’s supposed to teach you a lesson that my job requires me to go out in any kind of weather. One you should know by now, after all, you are a teacher."

Lash four and five followed shortly thereafter.  They took away her breath which was a good thing because otherwise she might have said something to the effect that he should change jobs which would have earned her more than he planned.  Instead, she just accepted her punishment.  She heard him drop the belt and figured she had escaped.  But no, he removed her from the back of the couch, sat down on the couch and pulled her across his knee.  There he began to spank her with his bare hand.  He spanked up and down and across the welts raised by the belt until her whole ass was on fire. 

He finally stopped spanking, kissed her on the forehead and deposited her in front of the fireplace.  “Now you can enjoy the fire, both here and in your ass,” and he chuckled.

“You think that’s funny.”

“Yeah, I do.  Of course, you could always go outside and make snow angels.  I’d love to watch the steam rise up when your hot bottom touches that cold snow.”  He chuckled again.

“You’re such a meanie.  Go.  I hope you get cold and wet and miserable.”

“I won’t babe, I’m on the desk tonight.”

“You mean to tell me you knew that all along and still let me carry on.”

“Yup, and I enjoyed every minute of it.”

She stuck her tongue out at him and started to walk outside to cool down – both her temper and her ass.

“Are you sure you want to do that? There’s still time for some hot monkey sex before I have to go in.”

“Then what are we waiting for,” she replied.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, I can't believe how quickly this year is disappearing!

    Thank you for keeping the stories coming, always a wonderful way to end my Monday :) I really enjoyed this one and loved the ending and exchange between them. Connor was certainly enjoying himself lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Connor was a stinker, wasn't he? Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, I don't know how you do it nut I am glad you do. Keep on writing!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as Jan, don't know how you do it but I am so happy you still write and share your stories with us. Thanks SG.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie for always coming by and reading those stories.

      Delete
  4. Not a winter fan here either, even tho I grew up in Maine. I get how she feels, and I love how He deals with it. I also am very glad you somehow manage to start out week off in a lovely way....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not a fan of winter - it's why I moved to California forty-eight years ago. I have a blip when we moved to Colorado but soon fixed things. lol

      Delete
  5. Hey, there, I have not been around reading here long, but I too am impressed that you write something new every week. Great story and love being able to start my Monday off that way.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunny, if this little story was hard to write, I am surprised. It has such a tight little plot and a great twist at the end. Enjoyed it very much.

    I seem to say, "Where has the year gone?" much more often. And that means I am another year older!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed Ella.
      I know about the rapid decrease of 2016 - they seem to go faster and faster.

      Delete
  7. Sunny,

    But you made the words come anyway! I admire that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll admit I've been pushing this year to get on with. I guess I got my way. I too would not be happy with a husband who had to go out in dangerous conditions. But he was a meanie anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never even date a policeman to fireman back in the day. I knew I couldn't deal with it. Thank God there are people who not only deal with it but choose those professions.

      Delete
  9. That man! Ooh!
    Lol! :))
    You Ms. Prolific can write forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all will be the first to know if the words don't come. You know ideas are always welcome.

      Delete
  10. A Tuesday treat for me this week, thanks for another great story, Sunny. It's absolutely perishing here today, winter is showing its face with a vengeance, makes me want to hibernate.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your weather. I have a spare room if you're interested. It may not be real warm but it's 60 here (15.5C ) and warmer every day til the weekend.

      Delete
  11. Hi Sunny, :) I loved your little story! You sure do have a talent for getting them out there, and making them really good reads at the same time, even when you struggle! They are so fun to read, and very well done.

    That Connor! Sheesh! Now who is the feisty one in that story??? I loved the line about hot monkey sex! Still laughing!

    You are right. Time is flying by! How can we be into December already? We just had three days of raw, rainy weather. Finally some sunshine today! No real snow yet... thankfully! Hope that your weather is nice! thanks for writing for us all! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the story. Isn't the best part of any OTK is the hot monkey sex afterward so, of course, I had to include that part.

      Weather is a little cool but as long as there is no snow, I can deal. It's funny but every once in a while we get a cloudy day and I embrace it - even sunshine gets old after a while. (Lord, just kidding)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day