Thursday, December 3, 2015

Have I Ever Meme?

Ella Ever After posted this meme a couple of weeks ago.  It's fun but I have to say that Ella had a much more adventurous childhood than me.  Crawling through drain pipes, eating worms and watching someone's eyeball popped out weren't included.  We would play on construction sites, train tracks and other stuff that was dangerous but that seems tame to Ella's adventures.  What do you think?


1.  Said something to your doctor during childbirth?   I remember saying a couple of colorful words during procedures but don't know about childbirth.

2. Seen someone pop their eyeball out.  No, thank God.  

3. Had my stomach pumped?  No, another thank God.

4. Been to a drag show with a very large gay men"  No, but I bet it would be fun.

5. Eaten a worm?  Why would I?

6. Run a money-making business when I was 11-12 years old buying girlie magazines for the boys in the neighborhood.  Nope

7.Crawled through an underground storm drain for five blocks.  Again, why would I?

8.Lied about my weight?  All the time.

9.Needed my husband to carry me upstairs because I was too inebriated?  We didn't always have stairs, but there have been times when I needed assistance in navigation.  

10. Seen a movie star in an airport?  Many times, I used to live in SoCal and flew out of LAX and Orange County (now John Wayne Airport) often.

11. Walked out of a movie?  Again, many times.  Too violent or too stupid and I'll leave.

12. Sat on a jury?  Have often been called, but the cases have always settled prior to trial.

13.Told a child "because I said so."?  Yes, and the first time I went into my bedroom and cried because I always swore I would never do that.

14.Run a cash register in a grocery store at 8 years old.  Nope, but I used to go to the store to buy milk. 

15  Wrote a eulogy for a parent?  No

16. Heard a song you were sure was just written and sung for you?   I don't know but there are songs that strike a chord with me for whatever reason.  Cold Kentucky Rain being one of them,I don't know why.


17. Roasted chestnuts on an open fire?  When I was a little girl, not since.

18.Eaten 44 shrimp in one sitting?  I love shrimp but I'm not sure I could eat 44 at one time.

19.Thrown all phones in a draw for an entire weekend?  No, but I'm not very vigilant about keep my phone close, so it could be a whole weekend before I'd check for messages or even if it is charged.

20.Gone on vacation by myself?  I've never gone on a vacation by myself,.  Business trips yes and one time Ray and I went to Las Vegas for a weekend and he ended up in the hospital with appendicitis so I ended up spending the weekend and then driving home by myself while he flew.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

16 comments:

  1. I just did this also...many of your answers are quite similar....I think Ella gets the award for most adventurous.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about Ella, what other girl that you know ever ate a worm. lol

      Delete
  2. Aw Sunny, I don't think any of us will come up to Ella's adventurous standards! Fancy Ray getting sick in Las Vegas, spoilsport!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it was better leaving his appendix behind and not his money.

      Delete
  3. I think it's a hats off to Ella for the most adventurous childhood. But we've had a couple of conversations about our adventures as adults and I feel very dull beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your answers Sunny...poor Ray...it is horrible to get sick when you are away from home...happy everything went well.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did - thinking about it and PK's reply above - one of the adventures was waiting in the ER of a Las Vegas hospital at 2:00AM. What you see!!!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love your answer to the "Because I said so," question. It's like realizing you have become your mother! Ahhh! When did this happen? How old am I?

    Also heartily endorse your nonchalant attitude to cellphones. I think they contribute to mental illness.

    Ella Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too damn old, I'll tell you that.
      I don't know about mental illness, but they are addictive. Sometimes, it is annoying and rude because others don't know when to stop.

      Delete
  6. Sunny loved your answers and think Ella definitely wins hands down for the most adventures. Poor Ray getting sick whilst you were on holidays.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, we all declare Ella the childhood adventure winner.

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed your answers, that Las Vegas trip sounds lie a bomb.
    Gosh I'm almost afraid to write this one.... If I ever get time!
    Some things will paint me one way... Others another!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved reading your answers :-) this is on my "to do" list - it shouldn't be too hard... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sunny, I have been awol for a while as you know and just now checking in with a few blog friends. I just wanted to say thank you so much for checking in with me. It was so lovely of you and means a lot.

    Very interesting questions and I enjoyed reading your answers. I certainly wouldn't have many yes answers to these!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sunny, I enjoyed your answers. Mine are pretty similar, but I have not had the 'because I said so' yet. However I am sure it will happen soon enough. Wishing you a great weekend.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day