Monday, September 7, 2015

The Meeting - Part Two


Happy Monday for those of you not laboring on this US Labor Day.  It's the official end of summer here - bummer.  When I was younger, I loved this time at the shore.  Many of the people no longer flocked to the beaches and it was perfect - no traffic, lots of space to spread out on the sand, and usually the most beautiful days of the summer.  We always kept our bungalow until the end of September for this reason.

Hope you're enjoying your day.

 Here is the link if you need to refresh.  This the continuation of last week's story.


 Blake arrived carrying two pizza boxes, a six-pack of beer and a bottle of wine.

“Not sure what you wanted with your pizza and I know for a fact, there’s water and pop in the fridge, so I figured between that and beer and wine, I couldn’t go too far wrong.”

“Are you in a hurry to eat?” She asked.

“No.”

“Good, let’s sit on the deck, have a glass of wine, and we can tackle the pizza in a while. It was a day full of surprises.” ‘Not the least of which is you.’ she thought to herself.

He uncorked the wine and brought the bottle and a couple of juice glasses out to the deck. “Sorry about the stemware but it is a beach house, right.”

She laughed.  “Just like home, oh wait, this is home.” She laughed back.

“So you really didn’t know anything about your grandmother.”

“No, and I’m sure you know the circumstances better than I being an attorney.”

“Yes, I perused the file.  I’m only a junior partner in the firm.  Leland B Hayes is the person who handled your grandmother’s affairs.  I’m just the go between.”

“Well, I’m glad because I can’t imagine inviting a stuffy old man to share a pizza with me.”

He laughed and said that Leland was neither stuffy nor old and was probably off doing something a little naughty right now.”

“Sounds intriguing.  Do you ever do anything naughty?” She asked.

“On occasion,” he replied.  “How about you?”

“That’s a little forward, don’t you think, Mr. Parker?  After all, we’ve just met.”

“Oh, so we’re back to Mr. Parker.  I’m sorry if I’ve overstepped my bounds.”  She watched as he emotionally pulled back and sat up a little straighter in the chair.

Betty Jo cursed at herself before she said, “I must be losing my touch.  Here I am flirting, and you are taking me seriously.”

He started to disagree and then saw her smile.  “I promise I’ll know better the next time.” He told her.

By the time, she was ready to eat, the bottle of wine was empty, and she was feeling a little tipsy.  They had no trouble finding things to talk about, and she was enjoying herself. Blake Parker was handsome and seemed like an all-around good guy, and she found herself wondering what it would be like to kiss him. 

Before she made a fool of herself, she went in and figured out how to turn on the oven to warm the pizza.  She needed food to sop up some of the wine.  He followed her in, and when he accidently brushed his hand across her shoulder, she felt a shock.  By the way he quickly pulled back, she knew he felt it too.

After they had finished eating the pizza, Blake said he should go.

“Do you have to?” She asked.

“I think I do, yes.” He replied.  “Will you agree to have dinner with me once the estate settles?” He asked.

“Of course, but why do we have to wait?”

“Because it’s unprofessional not to.”

“Okay, I understand that.  I’ll be in touch then when I have questions.”

He said goodnight and she stood at the door long after his car lights had disappeared down the street.  She didn’t know if it was this house, or the feelings it brought up, or if she really liked Blake Parker, and she’d like nothing better than to get to know him better.

After wandering around for a while, she settled down and went through the remainder of the paperwork.  In addition to inheriting the house, there was also trust fund in an amount she couldn’t even begin to comprehend. She sat down in the old recliner in the living room, pushed it back and thought about how her life was going to change.  The next thing she knew it was the following morning.

                            **************************************

It took two months to settle the estate.  During that time, she sold her condo, quit her job in the city and arranged to buy a small antique shop in Sea Breeze. Betty Jo found the shop was for sale when she called to have someone come over to the beach house to appraise some of the items. Now that she was wealthy and didn’t have to rely on a salary anymore, it was the perfect solution.  She could continue to live in Sea Breeze and still keep herself as occupied as she chose to be.  
Blake Parker took her to dinner the day the final paperwork was settled.  It was the first of many dates, and soon they were spending a great deal of time together.
Betty Jo loved living at the beach. Waking up to the sound of gulls calling out as they fished for their breakfast always made her smile. The smell of the sea air did wonders for her sinuses and every morning she hugged herself to see if she was just dreaming. Living at the beach wasn't something she ever thought she would be able to afford, it was way out of her price range.

The house was old-fashioned, but Betty Jo loved the feel of it.  She loved the aged, weathered clapboard house with the wraparound porch, situated on a strip of land between the bay and the ocean.  Sitting on the front porch in the morning gave her a perfect view of the sun beginning its rise out of the sea.  In the evening, she looked for the green flash as the glowing red ball splashed into the ocean.  Each time she thought of her mother and dad doing the same.  Many times, Blake joined her and he always took her hand in his and brought it to his lips to offer a gentle kiss, as if he read her thoughts.

She and Blake became an item and you could often find them together.  On weekends, they were either working at the store or doing some refurbishing at the house.  She enjoyed his company.  She often invited her Uncle Larry to join them most weekends.  He and Blake got along well and he added another pair of hands to share the workload.  It was more fun working together than hiring a crew and although it was hard work, they all enjoyed seeing both places take shape even though Betty Jo was a tough taskmaster.

One day she was a little disrespectful to her uncle and Blake called her on it.  Larry said he was used to it but often thought a good spanking might solve the problem. Blake agreed with him. She laughed at them both, but when she did it again, he slapped her bottom.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I think you’re getting a little too bossy and disrespectful and need a good spanking,” Blake told her.  “What do  you think Larry?”

“I say go for it.”  So Blake took hold of her and placed her on his hip and slapped her butt a couple of times. They all laughed and when Blake released her, he warned her she better be a good girl or she’d really get a spanking.   Those words sent a tingling feeling down to her nether regions she couldn’t ignore.  She grabbed Blake and engaged him in a passionate kiss and then bit his lip hard.  He hissed and she did it again, even harder this time.

“You’re going to live to regret that, Missy,” Blake said.

“I hope so.”

Larry felt the sudden sexual tension and knew it was time to go.  He wasn’t even to his car before Blake hoisted Betty Jo over his shoulder and carried her upstairs, smacking her backside as he went.

“I can’t wait to get your jeans off.  I think I’m going to enjoy this,” He told her.

‘I know I am,” she answered.



It was the start of another phase in the life of Betty Jo and Blake.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

19 comments:

  1. Hope you and Ray are having a fun and holiday weekend.

    Am really enjoying this story Sunny...looking forward to reading more about this couple. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice weekend - pretty darn hot though. How was yours?

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, hope you and Ray are enjoying the weekend! nice story, hope this couple have lots of adventures
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sunny, hope you and Ray are having a wonderful long weekend. Labour weekend is late October here. Yesterday was Father's Day though.

    Really enjoyed this and would definitely love to hear more from these two :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did. Hard to believe it went so dang fast.

      How was Father's Day for your SO.

      I think maybe there may be another chapter for these two.

      Delete
  4. Really enjoying your story SG. That's the sort of beach house I'd love to live in.

    Hope you and Ray had a good weekend and are having a fun Labour Day.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie. I based the beach house on one I'd love living in too which is based on some of the house along the strand in Beachhaven where I grew up.

      It was a fun weekend but pretty dang fast.

      Delete
  5. I want another Labor Day weekend, one was not long enough. Great story - I hope you're planning to continue with this couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how you feel PK. It wasn't long enough for me either and I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

      I think maybe there's another chapter to them.

      Delete
  6. Happy Labor Day, Sunny! I enjoyed reading the second part. Too bad that it stopped right where it stopped. I would have loved to read a little more, jeans off and all. :) Wishing you a great day.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NiNa.

      You know what they say, "always leave them wanting more." haha.

      It was a fun day and weekend.

      Delete
  7. Sunny, I forgot it was Monday! I agree with PK. I want another 3 day weekend.

    Good story and thank you. I finished another good story last night. Enjoyed The Doctor and the Rancher quite a bit. Thanks for some good reading this weekend.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what a three day weekend will do for you - I swear they go faster than the rest.

      Glad you enjoyed the story and glad you liked the book too. Are you going to write a review, please, please.?

      Delete
  8. Love this story and where it is going....at least I hope it is going someplace. It sounds like a place I would love to live....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think there may be at least one more chapter to this story.

      I want to live there too, it's near the water.

      Delete
  9. Hi Sunny, :) Loved this story and look forward to seeing more about this couple and their spanky ways!

    Hope that you and Ray had a wonderful holiday long weekend! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could use a vacation after my 3 days.
    Loved this story. I'd love to inherit money and a beach home! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this story Sunny. Just catching up after being away. Hope you enjoyed your labor day weekend. It was fathers day here also and went really well.
    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day